Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there!

Finally...I made up my mind.
I think i chose some kickass configuration ( and hope not to hard to setup ) :)

Here is the beginning:

CPU => I7 4930K
MOTHEBOARD => ASUS RAMPAGE IV BLACK EDITION
GPU => GTX 970 4GO ( any suggestion for the trend? Asus? MSI? Gigabites? )
SSD => SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GO

THIS BUILD WAS INSPIRE BY THE BUILT OF SHILOHH ( that i'm gonna follow step by step :)
=> http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-iv-extreme-32gb-ram-gtx-770-4gb-success.html

I just ordered the motherboard and the CPU on the internet, the availability of these component begins to be rare.

In the next few days i will continue to pick the other part.

I chose to pick this setup because i am a motion designer.
I works on after effects, cinema 4d, video editing and visual effects.
I need power for the rendering and also fast workflow ( I hope the CUDA and the 4gb will help :) )

For the next buys, I have few questions.

1) Which RAM would you recommend for this motherboard?
I want to pick 32gb.
I heard that more than 1600Mhz is enough and that going further is not necessary except if you want to kick the benchmark ( which is not really my goal, i just want a computer that is reliable and fast for what i am doing )

2) every seller has a different point of view about the cooling system...
Some says that the water cooling make a lot of noise and last only few years.
The others says that the air cooling is less efficient and makes more noise than the water cooling.
Of course i would love it to be quiet, but i would prefer that he keeps my cpu safe the most time as possible ( and buy a computer every 6 years...my last one is a mac pro dual core 3.1, but it still works fine :)

3) For the power supply i think i'll go to a 650W.
Do you think it is enough?
I heard good thing about the corsair and the bequiet, what would you recommand?

For the box, i'm thinking of a CORSAIR CARBIDE 330R TITANIUM => http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00179508.html

Anyway, it's exciting!
It's taking a lot of hard time to choose between what you want // what's available // what's not to hard to setup, and probably more hard time until you reach the mac pro you dreamed about.

I admit, the last computer i did was 10 years ago...i don't even remember how to match stuff together to the motherboard, but i learned again, it's good :)

Thanks for you feedbacks, i'm gonna feed this thread little by little :)

(1) You should be able to fit 64 GB on that motherboard.
(2) In terms of outright cooling, I believe that liquid-cooling systems give better performance, but are also noisier than air-cooling systems.
(3) There are various power usage calculators available, but 650 W looks fine to me for the parts you've listed. If you're planning to add more, use a power usage calculator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back