Contribute
Register

Ram upgrade for 4540s ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for bupming this old thread but i have a question. I have ordered komputerbay 8gb 1600mhz ddr3 (1x8) for my probook 4540s . I will only use one slot , because from what i have heard using above 8gb will cause the pc to slow down. My question is, is they any problem to use 8gb (1x8) for example not supported or i must use 2x4gb?

there is benefit for both if you use 1 8gb in one slot it will be good for future upgrade example if u want to add 16 gigs of ram but the benefit of the 2 x4gbs that it will be faster because dual channel is faster than single channel

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for bupming this old thread but i have a question. I have ordered komputerbay 8gb 1600mhz ddr3 (1x8) for my probook 4540s . I will only use one slot , because from what i have heard using above 8gb will cause the pc to slow down. My question is, is they any problem to use 8gb (1x8) for example not supported or i must use 2x4gb?

there is benefit for both if you use 1 8gb in one slot it will be good for future upgrade example if u want to add 16 gigs of ram but the benefit of the 2 x4gbs that it will be faster because dual channel is faster than single channel

- - - Updated - - -

Basically that was the reason why i chose the 1x8gb ram, for future upgrades and because using 2x4gb is not noticeably faster (about 10%) which can only be noticed in benchmarks or video editing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back