Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hiiii,

I am in need to upgrade RAM of my laptop LENOVO THINKPAD EDGE SERIES E530 PART NO. 3259T2Q(Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz).Currently it has 4GB (2 x 2gb).

I am not sure how much I can expand RAM Memory upto?

As of now I have tried some of the scanner (memorystock.com ,www.crucial.com ) present online and also scanned my system with softwares like CPUID CPU-Z, AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Extreme which all says I my laptop supports MAX MEMORY upto 16 GB.

I have done a lot research on web but official document from Lenovo contradicts with the scanners results as Lenovo says it supports max upto 8 GB only.

Please suggest on max RAM supported for my Laptop.

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Compatibility.

Please read the Rules.

Do not cross post or create identical threads in multiple forums. Duplicate threads will be deleted

Hiiii,

I am in need to upgrade RAM of my laptop LENOVO THINKPAD EDGE SERIES E530 PART NO. 3259T2Q(Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz).Currently it has 4GB (2 x 2gb).

I am not sure how much I can expand RAM Memory upto?

As of now I have tried some of the scanner (memorystock.com ,www.crucial.com ) present online and also scanned my system with softwares like CPUID CPU-Z, AIDA64 Engineer, AIDA64 Extreme which all says I my laptop supports MAX MEMORY upto 16 GB.

I have done a lot research on web but official document from Lenovo contradicts with the scanners results as Lenovo says it supports max upto 8 GB only.

Please suggest on max RAM supported for my Laptop.

Refer to your service manual.

My laptop have Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Chipset-Northbridge:Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09,Southbridge Intel HM77 rev. 04, BIOS Properties:Vendor LENOVO Version H0ET94WW (2.54 ).

As per the suggestion as of now, I have understood that Chipset/CPU can support 16 gb but it is the motherboard/bios which can restrict it to support max 8gb as specified in the official documentation of e530 by Lenovo.Is there any to way check max RAM support in specific with BIOS version/motherboard?

My laptop have Processor – Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz, Chipset-Northbridge:Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09,Southbridge Intel HM77 rev. 04, BIOS Properties:Vendor LENOVO Version H0ET94WW (2.54 ).

As per the suggestion as of now, I have understood that Chipset/CPU can support 16 gb but it is the motherboard/bios which can restrict it to support max 8gb as specified in the official documentation of e530 by Lenovo.Is there any to way check max RAM support in specific with BIOS version/motherboard?

Read your service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back