Graphics
EVGA NVidia GeForce 660 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to figure out why my system only shows 4gb ram. I have 8gb (2x 4gb) DDR3 1333 MHz installed. My mobo supports 32gb. Both chips show up in the system profiler and the status is ok. The activity monitor only shows 4gb as well. The BIOS reads all 8gb. I am on 10.6.8 combo update. I've searched and can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks

yes I am using the iBoot disc. Unfortunately I can't it to boot without the disc. I ran Multibeast multiple times and still can't get it to work without the disc. I can't find a DSDT for my mobo either.

k2blader81 said:
yes I am using the iBoot disc.
That's the reason. Ok boot up using iBoot and run the newest Multibeast for Snow Leopard with the following options ticked. To get full functionality for your GFX card, you need to install the nVidia Drivers from the download section

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-12 um 01.37.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-01-12 um 01.37.56.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 134
ok, I'm gonna give it a try. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks ;)

Nope. It didn't work. I ran multibeast with the exact specs as your pics. I still can't boot without the iBoot disc, and it still reads that I only have 4gb ram. I installed the drivers from nVidia, but it doesn't support my actual card. I don't know what else to do.

there's no error message or kernel panic. It just hangs at the grey apple boot screen with the loading circle

Did you ever get this resolved... i'm showing the same issue with a mountain lion upgrade..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back