Graphics
EVGA NVidia GeForce 660 4gb
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I can't seem to figure out why my system won't recognize all of my ram. I have 8gb (2x 4gb) installed and it only picks up one stick. In "about this mac" it reads 4gb, but in system profiler it reads that both 4gb sticks are there and are "ok". Also, in activity monitor, it only reads that there is only 4gb. I've tried switching the sticks around, and in different slots, but osx always only picks up 4gb. My mobo supports 32gb, so I don't think it's that. Is there something I have to enable or alter for it to pick up all the ram? I can't seem to find anything in MultiBeast, or maybe just don't know what to do. Please help.

I am on a sandy bridge system, did a 10.6.3 retail install, then updated to 10.6.8 with the comboupdate.

You still booting with iBoot? iBoot limits you to 4Gb no mattr how much is physically installed.

yes I am still booting with iBoot. I can't get it to start without the disc. After installing easybeast, i reboot without the disc and it just hangs at the white apple screen with the spinning wheel. That's good to know about iBoot though, I didn't know that. I guess now I have to figure out how to get chimera to work. Any thoughts? Thanks

P.S.
I believe it has to do with my graphics card. I have a PNY GeForce 210 1gb DDR3. I tried setting graphicsenabler=no and putting an EFI string I generated from OSX86Tools into the org.chameleon.boot.plist, but then when I rebooted, I got a kernel panic.

Update:
I got everything working. I'm not sure exactly what did it, but I did a few things. I deleted the efi string for the video card I generated from osx86tools, downloaded the mac drivers from the nVidia website, rebooted, re-added a new efi string with osx86tools, graphics enabler=no, then ran multibeast and changed my system profile to mac pro 3,1 (mine was 5,1 before) and rebooted again. Now it boots up right from the hard drive and reads all the ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back