Contribute
Register

RAM issues with "CustoMac Pro" Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CPU wont even boot into BIOS when I have the 4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz (64GB total) installed. It will just reboot and then reboot then reboot etc.

Thhe only way it boots is when I take out the CMOS battery for a minute and then put 1 of the sticks in the slot nearest to the CPU. I bought the exact build from the CustoMac Pro list. Wondering how I can make all the RAM work and if thats even possible?

My build:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
  • Core i7-6700K
  • Corsair H60 (Water)
  • EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB
  • Corsair RM 650x Watt
  • Corsair Carbide 300R
  • TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (N)
Thank You!

My CPU wont even boot into BIOS when I have the 4 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400MHz (64GB total) installed. It will just reboot and then reboot then reboot etc.

The only way it boots is when I take out the CMOS battery for a minute and then put 1 of the sticks in the slot nearest to the CPU. I bought the exact build from the CustoMac Pro list. Wondering how I can make all the RAM work and if thats even possible?

My build:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
  • Core i7-6700K
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (64GB)
Thank You!

The problem could be from various sources. One or more of the ram slots or DIMMs could be defective. Start by testing them one at a time in the first slot to see if any don't work. Then test one that does work in each of the four slots to determine which are problematic. Report back with the results.

So all 4 of the DIMMs work in the ram slot nearest the CPU (DDR4_4)

I tested a working DIMM is all four slots and only the DDR4_4 slot will boot up into BIOS

You may want to try reseating the CPU. What cooler do you have?

You may want to try reseating the CPU. What cooler do you have?

I have a
  • Corsair H60 (Water)
I know there is some heat gel/paste that was on the contact point, should I get more or will it stay/be able to be reused?

I cleaned the old paste with isopropyl, applied more, reseated the CPU, and it boots now with all 4 RAM! Woo Hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back