Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580 + HD4600
The only consideration when choosing RAM is whether it is supported by the mobo, right?
I actually wanted to stick to tonymac's recommendation and buy the crucial ballistix tactical, but it's unavailable here. According to Gigabyte (my mobo is the Z97x-ud3h) the G.Skill RipjawsX is supported. So should I get it?

The only consideration when choosing RAM is whether it is supported by the mobo, right?
I actually wanted to stick to tonymac's recommendation and buy the crucial ballistix tactical, but it's unavailable here. According to Gigabyte (my mobo is the Z97x-ud3h) the G.Skill RipjawsX is supported. So should I get it?

G.Skill make good quality RAM. Some RAM is Haswell ready - as Haswell standards are tighter than previous specifications on RAM and motherboard/system power usage. Cross reference the modules that you are looking at with the G.Skill website for full specification.

Some further details on RAM for Haswell builds:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/125717-fix-gigabyte-4-dimm-memory-instability.html

As long as it is compatible with your motherboard, it will work in the system, too. The Crucial one is a recommendation, not a must.

G.Skill make good quality RAM. Some RAM is Haswell ready - as Haswell standards are tighter than previous specifications on RAM and motherboard/system power usage. Cross reference the modules that you are looking at with the G.Skill website for full specification.

Voltage is 1.50 V, which is Haswell friendly. Anything else to check? (latency 9-9-9-24-2N, Intel XMP ready). BTW it's the RipjawsX F3-1600C9D-16GXM.

Yes, I know, I mentioned that on my first post. So, everything's fine then, as johnrey said?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back