Graphics
Intel HD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my fist build here. I see that it is recommended that there be only 4GB of ram installed when using iboot+ multibeast method. I have two 4GB sticks and the motherboard manual states that the ram should be installed in pairs. Does installing one 4GB stick and leaving the other ram socket empty pose a problem? or is this okay?

AndrewM01 said:
This is my fist build here. I see that it is recommended that there be only 4GB of ram installed when using iboot+ multibeast method. I have two 4GB sticks and the motherboard manual states that the ram should be installed in pairs. Does installing one 4GB stick and leaving the other ram socket empty pose a problem? or is this okay?

I did my installation with 6GB of RAM and had no issues with that. Perhaps you can try with your GB's and if it doesn't work just go with 4GB. I would think the motherboard recommendation is just that, a recommendation and not a requirement so you should be fine with only one stick.

EDIT
This is probably related: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36670

After reading through it again, the manual states that for dual channel mode to be enabled, two sticks of same size and type are required. I am assuming that after the OSX install I can install the other ram stick and go back to the BIOS to enable dual channel mode? or is dual channel mode unsupported?

span said:
AndrewM01 said:

I did my installation with 6GB of RAM and had no issues with that. Perhaps you can try with your GB's and if it doesn't work just go with 4GB. I would think the motherboard recommendation is just that, a recommendation and not a requirement so you should be fine with only one stick.

EDIT
This is probably related: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36670

I read the post in your edit, thx much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back