i7-6700
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello good ppl of this comunity :)
recently I've upgraded my GPU from NVIDIA GTX 680 to AMD's VEGA 64 LC. I've made things work again, BUT... when booting to MacOS Mojave (using clover bootloader-latest version) in middle of loading OS (apple logo showing) a pink lines shows all over the place, then logo dissapears, after few seconds the login screen appears, everything works fine... but again when turning off the computer, flashes of pink through the screen... everyting works fine, but you know ... it does not look sexy doing that pink stuff.... any help with that? I found on internet that the "pink stuff" is going on with a LOT of AMD cards for hackintosh... but no solutions ....

It's an issue with the Apple's AMD drivers when they initialise the GPU in Mojave 10.14.5+ and Catalina Beta's.
It's purely a cosmetic problem and only happens at boot time.

It might get addressed in the future either by Lilu + WEG or by an Apple driver update.

Please update your hardware profile with the AMD GPU.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
It's an issue with the Apple's AMD drivers when they initialise the GPU in Mojave 10.14.5 and Catalina Beta's.
Purely a cosmetic problem and only happens at boot time, there is currently no known fix.

Dont worry about it ...

It might get addressed in a future driver update but will bellow priority so dont hold your breath.

Please update your hardware profile with the AMD GPU.

Cheers
Jay

I was wondering what was up with that. good to know.

Ditto. I thought something was up with my new build... hopefully fixed come Catalina release. Kind of annoying.

See this post for more info and how to fix it :-

Cheers
Jay

Guys,

New Lilu + WhatEverGreen public binary release ... see this post :-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back