Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime Z270-A
CPU
Intel i7-7700K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580
Hi,
I recently bought a sapphire radeon RX 580 nitro+ graphics card. Everything went fine and I have not seen any major issues so far. However, there is a glitch during the boot process. When the apple logo refreshes during boot, there is a white flashing light (sometimes it's visible only at the bottom half of the screen and sometimes it occupies the whole screen) that could be seen for a second before the logo again appears. I have attached a screenshot of it below.
BootGlitch.png

I have lilu and whatevergreen kexts installed in Clover/kexts/Other folder. Complete clover folder and my IOReg are also attached with this post. I am using High Sierra public beta (17A358a). The primary display in BIOS is set to PEG.
Could somebody pls assist me in resolving this?

I also noticed one strange thing in the IOReg. I was not able to find the Intel HD Graphics 630 in IORegistryExplorer. I searched both igpu and gfx0. Is this expected when using a discrete AMD graphics card (together with lilu+whatevergreen kexts)? If not, how could I enable both the integrated graphics and the RX 580?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 265
  • IOReg.ioreg.zip
    830.9 KB · Views: 224
I also noticed one strange thing in the IOReg. I was not able to find the Intel HD Graphics 630 in IORegistryExplorer. I searched both igpu and gfx0. Is this expected when using a discrete AMD graphics card (together with lilu+whatevergreen kexts)? If not, how could I enable both the integrated graphics and the RX 580?

I too have this "flashing" that you are seeing in 10.13.1. I am using an older i7-3770K.
Tried this guide here to get both IGPU & RX580 to play together but no luck (as I think my motherboard does not support it).

You may be more successful.

I installed an RX 580 PULSE today, too and since I've managed to set it up to work with multiple monitors, I also have a horizontal bar of static colour noise across the screen when logging in. Did you find a solution?

Hi,
I recently bought a sapphire radeon RX 580 nitro+ graphics card. Everything went fine and I have not seen any major issues so far. However, there is a glitch during the boot process. When the apple logo refreshes during boot, there is a white flashing light (sometimes it's visible only at the bottom half of the screen and sometimes it occupies the whole screen) that could be seen for a second before the logo again appears. I have attached a screenshot of it below.
View attachment 276259

I have lilu and whatevergreen kexts installed in Clover/kexts/Other folder. Complete clover folder and my IOReg are also attached with this post. I am using High Sierra public beta (17A358a). The primary display in BIOS is set to PEG.
Could somebody pls assist me in resolving this?

I took a look at your EFI folder.

First thing I noticed was that you're not using the latest Lilu and WhateverGreen kexts - these can be downloaded here:
Lilu
WhateverGreen

You can remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the drivers64UEFI folder.
https://github.com/vit9696/WhateverGreen/releases
Onto your config.plist:
- GUI > Leave the Screen Resolution empty/blank instead of the 1920x1080 that's currently there.

After you complete the above, change to the SMBIOS 14,2 instead of the 18,3 that you're using. I had some issues with any of the SMBIOS 15, 6, 17 and 18 - 14,2 seems to be the sweetspot for me. Here's a good guide for changing your SMBIOS

Please report back and tag me and we'll go from there :)

I took a look at your EFI folder.
You can remove the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the drivers64UEFI folder.
This is incorrect because he has Z270, unless he has working nvram (which I highly doubt) EmuVariable.efi is required in order for iMessage. FaceTime and a few other things to work correctly.
After you complete the above, change to the SMBIOS 14,2 instead of the 18,3 that you're using. I had some issues with any of the SMBIOS 15, 6, 17 and 18 - 14,2 seems to be the sweetspot for me.
This is also incorrect because once again he has a Z270 chipset with a i7 7700K which is closest matching of iMac 18,3 SMBIOS, it works for you because you have a Z97 chipset and a i5 4690K which is closest match to iMac 14,2 SMBIOS

This is incorrect because he has Z270, unless he has working nvram (which I highly doubt) EmuVariable.efi is required in order for iMessage. FaceTime and a few other things to work correctly.
Totally missed that about his motherboard - good catch!

This is also incorrect because once again he has a Z270 chipset with a i7 7700K which is closest matching of iMac 18,3 SMBIOS, it works for you because you have a Z97 chipset and a i5 4690K which is closest match to iMac 14,2 SMBIOS
I've tried a lot OF SMBIOS and they seem to work for me. Lately, I've been noticing that 'not' matching closely to your CPU has no ill effect and doesn't hurt to try to rule out the possiblity.

@brockbackups - What do you suggest the OP @iamsidhu should try?

I guess nobody found a fix for this...?

this is a long existed issue, no fix yet

I too have this "flashing" that you are seeing in 10.13.1. I am using an older i7-3770K.
Tried this guide here to get both IGPU & RX580 to play together but no luck (as I think my motherboard does not support it).

You may be more successful.
Ever found a fix??

I have the exact same setup, and I have a similar issue where I get static noise at Login, and have to unplug and plug back the cable in the back... very annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back