Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone,

I got a Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Gaming OC. I got it booting up so far and Metal/OpenCL seems to work. But I don't get OpenGL properly working. Cinebench R15 tests are just stuttering slow. Also Parallels Desktop is very slow in graphics. And there are sporadic short freezes. Is that the Apple driver just being buggy or am I missing something? Makes no different if I install WEG or not.

System:
  • Asus Prime Z390-A
  • i9 9900k
  • macOS 10.15.3
  • Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • Clover 5103
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 78
Its a Samsung NVME 512GB 950 Pro.
Makes no different with WEG.

Dom you have XMP Profile set to enabled in bios and or Clover/Open Core? Check both and disable for testing. Sometimes if it's set in Clover or Bios but not both it gets buggy. And sometimes it's just buggy no matter how it's set. Might have to do with Ram brand or model or Mobo design. It works for some but not for others.

I have XMP II enabled in BIOS and in Clover set to detection. I tried to disabled it in BIOS and set to "no" in Clover, but then it crashes on boot. What is the ideal setting here?

Ok, I loaded the BIOS optimized defaults and reconfigured everything. Now I can boot without XMP enabled. But still no proper OpenGL and still short freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back