Contribute
Register

Radeon R7 250 too slow and low vram (Yosemite, Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell
CPU
Intel Core i7
Graphics
AMD Radeon R7 250
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover as bootloader.

But the whole system appears to be too slow due to graphics compatibility(even hard to move the cursor). And the video ram appears to be only 7MB in 'About the Mac', although it should be 1024MB.

I have tried a lot of methods I can googled, nothing works.

(I have tried using patched kexts for AMDxxx files, no help to graphics performance)

----
Update: finally got if fixed by injecting ATI FakeID 0x68181002 in Clover configuration.

I have successfully installed Yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover as bootloader.

But the whole system appears to be too slow due to graphics compatibility(even hard to move the cursor). And the video ram appears to be only 7MB in 'About the Mac', although it should be 1024MB.

I have tried a lot of methods I can googled, nothing works.

(I have tried using patched kexts for AMDxxx files, no help to graphics performance)

----
Update: finally got if fixed by injecting ATI FakeID 0x68181002 in Clover configuration.[/QUOTE

How to i inject that?

How to i inject that?
Download Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Devices section and add 0x68181002 to ATI Fake ID
Save
Close Clover Configurator

ati.png

Download Clover Configurator (Global Edition)
Open Clover Configurator
Mount your EFI partition
Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
Check the Devices section and add 0x68181002 to ATI Fake ID
Save
Close Clover Configurator

View attachment 348177
Ok i did that and rebooted, however I still have extreme graphics issues. Major screen tearing etc. When i open launchpad I can see the white and black refresh lines going through the screen, and in about Mac it still says "Display 7mb" for the graphics card. I have the radeon r7 250 btw. Please help i have spent many days trying to fix this. I even went down to Sierra from high Sierra and still the same issue. I have reinstalled Mac OS countless times trying diffrent Kexts etc like Lilu and WhateverGreen. I have edited the config i have done everything! Help!!

Thanks for your help. I still cant fix the problem though. and my graphics card (HD 7870 Or r7 250) is on the supported list for Mac OS 10.9 and up i think. I injected the other fake ID you said but still the major graphics lag, and it still says "Display 7mb" under graphics card on the about section. Thanks. Sorry for my bad spelling and grammer on typing on my iPhone.

I still cant fix the problem though. and my graphics card (HD 7870 Or r7 250) is on the supported list for Mac OS 10.9 and up i think.
R7 250X is on the list, not R7 250.
You can try the settings mentioned here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back