Contribute
Register

Radeon Pulse RX Vega 56. Pull the Trigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all!

I'm a college student, moving this summer to my transfer institution and making a Hackintosh for my summer project.

Been doing a lot of research for my build, but after the Vega 64 jumped to $500+, I had to look elsewhere. I *think* I remember reading an Apple forum of Mac Pro builders saying the Radeon Pulse RX Vega 56 was compatible with MacOS, and if so, should I pull the trigger and buy it for $299 on Amazon? Seems like a steal to me... Especially if it can go toe-to-toe with the GTX 1070.

Here's the Link

Thanks so much!

Hey all!

I'm a college student, moving this summer to my transfer institution and making a Hackintosh for my summer project.

Been doing a lot of research for my build, but after the Vega 64 jumped to $500+, I had to look elsewhere. I *think* I remember reading an Apple forum of Mac Pro builders saying the Radeon Pulse RX Vega 56 was compatible with MacOS, and if so, should I pull the trigger and buy it for $299 on Amazon? Seems like a steal to me... Especially if it can go toe-to-toe with the GTX 1070.

Here's the Link

Thanks so much!

Yes, Vega 56 is natively supported on MacOS High Sierra and Mojave. USD 299 seems to be a very good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back