Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK extreme 3
CPU
AMD FX 8350
Graphics
Radeon Pro 2100
Hello everyone,

I am trying to see if I can somehow get this GPU working properly on my hackintosh.
Hackintools can detect the address and vendor name on my GPU but it seems like macOS does not support this card.
Any way I can get it working?

Build:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Mobo: ASROCK Extreme 3
GPU: Radeon Pro WX 2100

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 1.12.25 AM.png

Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks.

No. WX 2100 and WX 3100 are Lexa and have no driver support in OS X. I'm afraid you have to get another card. WX 4100 and above are supported out of the box, if you want to stay with Radeon Pro.

Hello everyone,

I am trying to see if I can somehow get this GPU working properly on my hackintosh.
Hackintools can detect the address and vendor name on my GPU but it seems like macOS does not support this card.
Any way I can get it working?

Build:
CPU: AMD FX 8350
Mobo: ASROCK Extreme 3
GPU: Radeon Pro WX 2100

View attachment 525723

Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks.
The RX 550 series had a split between Lexa and Baffin(RX 560) boards. Some 550s work with a device ID spoof or SSDT.

The latest WEG beta release has improved device ID injection. It requires a SSDT. You could experiment with ID injection but it is highly unlikely to work. Be careful, and do it at your own risk.

Here’s a link to get started. Check the previous page as well.

Post in thread '[Success] Radeon RX 6800 XT - Big Sur'
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-radeon-rx-6800-xt-big-sur.306736/post-2264695

Hi folks

I've managed to get a Radeon WX 3100 working under Catalina thanks to this youtube video, dated August 2020:

Hackintosh AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 For High SIerra , Mojave , Catalina , Big Sur

Although the video refers to the WX 2100 model, the author writes the WX 3100 and WX 3200 should also work.

I'm using WhateverGreen.kext 1.4.2 and Lilu 1.4.7, and I set the following Device ID in Clover Configurator:

0x067EF1002

And I enabled Load VBios and Inject ATI

Following a reboot, my Radeon WX 3100 was detected as a Radeon Pro 460 . . . which many of you will know was the video adapter shipped with the 15" 2016 Macbook Pro.

A benefit is that I no longer have to rely on my aging, noisy and no-longer-supported Nvidia GT730 video card, and I don't have to spend £hundreds on a previously-owned WX 4100.

I'd like to benefit from the Radeon's GPU instead of relying on the Intel chip when exporting H264 video from Premiere CC and Final Cut Pro, but I still have lots of testing to do and no time . . .

Anyway, here are the screenshots (serial numbers are obscured to protect the guilty):

Help About this Mac copy.jpg

Radeon Pro 460 (Help About - System Profile) copy.jpg

I'm running Catalina on a Dell Optiplex 7060 with headless Intel UHD Graphics 630, but my single monitor is attached to the Radeon WX 3100 via DisplayPort.

I'll upgrade to Big Sur if / when UniBeast support becomes available, because all my attempts to upgrade to Big Sur or Monterey, or replace Clover with OpenCore have ended in spectacular failure.

Thank goodness for Acronis TrueImage.

I hope this post is of help to those of you who have a WX 2100, WX 3100 or WX 3200 that's sitting around unused.

When I used the WX 3100 under Windows, the hardware encoding performance benefit compared to software encoding was tangible, reducing encoding time by a third, so if you have this card, dig it out, fit it in your Hackintosh, and give it a go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back