Contribute
Register

Radeon HD5450 and Catalina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-6200U
Graphics
HD 520
Hi guys i'm still pretty new to all this, and i have searched for a couple days trying to find and answer and make sense of what i found but i'm still not 100% so i'm hoping someone can give me a little clarity. I managed to get Catalina installed everything is working great on my pc except i can't change my screen size, and i'm sure from what ive read its because of the driver not working right with the video card. Can you point me in the right direction on how i can get the 5450 working enough that i change the resoloution, i don't care about hdmi and sound over hdmi or anything like that i just want to be able to choose my monitors native 1920x1080.

Thanks for any replies.

Can you point me in the right direction on how i can get the 5450 working enough that i change the resoloution,
Don't think you'll get anything better out of that HD5450. It's an ancient graphics card that has no support in Catalina. The oldest supported cards are Nvidia Kepler cards from early 2012. The 5450 is 2 years older than that.

I was afraid of that. So what would you suggest as a replacement card, im not looking for anything fancy just something a little newer that will work?

One of these GT 710s will work. We don't know if Apple will still keep supporting them after Catalina but they work well right now. The other option is to use integrated Intel HD4600 if your motherboard has HDMI or a DVI output.

Awsome thanks for the information, that actually looks like it would fit my case too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back