Contribute
Register

Radeon HD 6870 Dual monitor (DVI) not working SOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear aedon,

You, sir, are a god among men. I would like very much to buy you a beer or three. I've been trying to get this to work for weeks and getting very frustrated in the process. Was trying to figure out if I had to flash the card, etc. There were hex editors and then the kext freaked out and the monitor (albeit both of them) would only display at 1024X768 and crashed half the time-- everything.

By following your very straightforward and well written guide, I had it working in minutes. I'm playing Eve right now as I'm typing this message on my second screen. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

-orlando

For the Record, my card is an XFX AMD Radeon HD6870 PCIE 2GB Dual Mini. The System Information reports this as an AMD Radeon HD 6870. These were the results of my ioreg

Code:
 ioreg | grep ATY
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@0  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002dd, registered, $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@1  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002de, registered, $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@2  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002df, registered, $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@3  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002e0, registered, $
    | |   |   | +-o ATY,Gibba@4  <class AtiFbStub, id 0x1000002e1, registered, $

Hi All,

I wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I've got fairly new hackintosh system and I'm have a little difficulty in getting the dual screens to work on the ATI HD 6870.

The ports I'm using are the mini display and the primary dvi port.

Here is my or.chameloen.boot.plist below:-

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@0 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000034e, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (21 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@1 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x10000034f, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (1 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@2 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000350, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (2 ms), retain 8>
| | | | +-o ATY,Duckweed@3 <class AtiFbStub, id 0x100000351, registered, matched, active, busy 0 (3 ms), retain 8>

Thanks,
J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back