Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

I need help. I have an RX 470 that works perfectly in Mojave 10.14.6. However, now in Catalina it presents an error in the gradients and the shadows of everything that is seen on the screen. It looks like 16-bit colors. It is mild, but notorious. I have nothing injected in the config.plist since this card has worked for me natively. I appreciate the help.

I am looking to see why I have no graphic on my clover boot option when plugged to my RX580. Everything work on my hackintosh, I just don't see the clover boot selection. I have to switch my HDMI to the motherboard to do that. Also the hdmi from the motherboard does not give graphic in the system so I have to switch back again.

In BIOS, did you set primary display to your RX 580? Have you tried with CSM enable and disabled?

I need help. I have an RX 470 that works perfectly in Mojave 10.14.6. However, now in Catalina it presents an error in the gradients and the shadows of everything that is seen on the screen. It looks like 16-bit colors. It is mild, but notorious. I have nothing injected in the config.plist since this card has worked for me natively. I appreciate the help.

Maybe this will help you...

Thank you very much for answering. I have followed the steps and it has been greatly improved. Although the defect is still slightly visible, especially in the background of Safari. Is there anything that can be added?

Please post a screenshot of System Information > Graphics/Displays.

Please post a screenshot of System Information > Graphics/Displays.
The system gives me two information. If I apply "Inject Ati" it appears as in the first image and if I do not apply the injection, it appears as in the second image.

Attachments

• Inject Ati.png
    Inject Ati.png
    159.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Not Inject Ati.png
    Not Inject Ati.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 156
The system gives me two information. If I apply "Inject Ati" it appears as in the first image and if I do not apply the injection, it appears as in the second image.
It would be correct to apply the Ati Injection or leave it without it. It's strange, because in Mojave I didn't need to use the injection and the system showed me "Radeon RX 470 4GB", now, without the injection, it tells me "Radeon RX 470/570 4GB". Is it just a cosmetic change or will it affect me?

You should not use Inject ATI.

It shows that you have 10-bit color. I don't know what else can be done about your gradient issue.

You should not use Inject ATI.

It shows that you have 10-bit color. I don't know what else can be done about your gradient issue.
OK thanks. Well, it may be that my eyes had become accustomed to seeing that error and still perceived as if I were present. I appreciate your help.

Perhaps I should post here about this too; has anyone tested these? I am looking at StarTech's MST hubs.
Can anybody confirm whether DisplayPort MST hubs now work properly in macOS with an AMD GPU? I don't want to drop a large amount of money on one until I'm sure it will work.

Back