Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

No, Mac Pro 5,1 is better for your system. Or Mac Pro 6,1.

Then with 10.13.4 Vega FE will work OOB.

You MAY want to try WhateverGreen just in case if it doesn't.
Nah doesn't work, unfortunately. Still only get the top DP input working. Can't figure out the dual monitor thing.

Vega and Lilu kexts load, not WG though. Still no progress on the video card.

Last edited:
Nah doesn't work, unfortunately. Still only get the top DP input working. Can't figure out the dual monitor thing.

Vega and Lilu kexts load, not WG though. Still no progress on the video card.

Remove Vegafixup kext and try nVidiaGraphicFixup instead..

You don't have to put it in S/L/E

There's something going on with your setup. Vega FE is supported officially by Apple.

Last edited:
Remove Vegafixup kext and try nVidiaGraphicFixup instead..

You don't have to put it in S/L/E

There's something going on with your setup. Vega FE is supported officially by Apple.
I tried that, it didn't work. I have no idea what else to do.

Everything is unchanged on the graphics settings. I've deleted Whatevergreen VegaGraphicsFixUp and left Lilu and NvidiaFixUp. Still the same issue.

Have you tried flipping the switch for the BIOS on the Vega FE? Does one work better than the other? I did buy my FE used, perhaps the BIOS was modded? I don't think it was since all the voltages and timings look correct.

What's interesting is none of the other ports work, just the top DP. I thought it was some issue with having more than one monitor but it's the ports.

Everything is unchanged on the graphics settings. I've deleted Whatevergreen VegaGraphicsFixUp and left Lilu and NvidiaFixUp. Still the same issue.

Have you tried flipping the switch for the BIOS on the Vega FE? Does one work better than the other? I did buy my FE used, perhaps the BIOS was modded? I don't think it was since all the voltages and timings look correct.

What's interesting is none of the other ports work, just the top DP. I thought it was some issue with having more than one monitor but it's the ports.

The switch just raises the power limit to the card that’s about it. It may have been modified. You can always flash it back with atiflash but not sure that’s the issue here.

Vega FE works perfectly here with dual monitors and VegaFixup. If I take that out, I can only use 1 dp output. I’ll take a look at your config to see if anything else is wrong

So, I use iMac14,2 currently. Before that I used iMac 16.2, but that's not working since a time now. I Use radeondeinit in Clover, and nothing else, and my vega64 runs without a problem.
Now, I try to hunt down a way to "UV/OC" the card, since its impossible to flash a modded bios on it, but until now my search turn back with nothing.

So, I use iMac14,2 currently. Before that I used iMac 16.2, but that's not working since a time now. I Use radeondeinit in Clover, and nothing else, and my vega64 runs without a problem.
Now, I try to hunt down a way to "UV/OC" the card, since its impossible to flash a modded bios on it, but until now my search turn back with nothing.

#1 Maybe a SSDT edit will do the trick.

I do not have a black screen issue, i have KP. On iMac16.2. When i change it back to iMac14.2, no problem.
And the answer is...(Ta Tah!)...use iMac14,2. It won't hurt a thing and that system definition just seems to work.

I was running an iMac18,3 in MyHero II, but the 10.13.4 Supplemental Update or the Security Update knocked out the capability to use the DP ports on my 580 graphics card. So, I just happen to read that one person was using the 14,2 and had use of DP ports. So, I tried the oldie, but goodie 14,2, and it works!

Bottom-line...stick with the 14,2. Power management works fine.

And the answer is...(Ta Tah!)...use iMac14,2. It won't hurt a thing and that system definition just seems to work.

I was running an iMac18,3 in MyHero II, but the 10.13.4 Supplemental Update or the Security Update knocked out the capability to use the DP ports on my 580 graphics card. So, I just happen to read that one person was using the 14,2 and had use of DP ports. So, I tried the oldie, but goodie 14,2, and it works!

Bottom-line...stick with the 14,2. Power management works fine.

The problem is that if you change SMBIOS you then have to generate another serial and configure again all the iCloud services including iMessage (I guess). I did it several times when I was setting up and it's very boring because it logged me out from iMessage on the other devices and I had to pay several times in order to associate my phone number to iMessage.
At the moment I'm using the iMac18,3 as SMBIOS with Lilu and WhateverGreen and it works fine. I'll try to boot without them once macOS 10.13.5 will be released since you said that that version fixes DP output for this SMBIOS.

The problem is that if you change SMBIOS you then have to generate another serial and configure again all the iCloud services including iMessage (I guess). I did it several times when I was setting up and it's very boring because it logged me out from iMessage on the other devices and I had to pay several times in order to associate my phone number to iMessage.
At the moment I'm using the iMac18,3 as SMBIOS with Lilu and WhateverGreen and it works fine. I'll try to boot without them once macOS 10.13.5 will be released since you said that that version fixes DP output for this SMBIOS.
Good point with respect to iMessage. Access to iCloud and the MAS still works. However, since I'm never far from my iPhone and I seldom get or send text messages, I never bothered to sync up my system to iMessages.

But, I have my DP ports back. I kinda like that since I have a 4K monitor. :thumbup:

Back