Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Has anyone used the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition?

It has 16GB HBM2 RAM.

Is it slower than the Vega 64? Which is very hard to find in terms of affordability due to miners :|

@mattystonnie @Gigamaxx I tried with your efi folders but no luck then i deleted all ssdt s beside cpu ssdt and the card is recognized now .
The only issue that i have is that i can t set the resolution as i want it stays at 4k 30hz and mouse and everything else is so slow.
The lg 4k tv is supporting 60hz refresh and i have and hdmi 2.0 cable so everything should work right.
Any ideas what can i do next?

Can you use DisplayPort or is yours a TV with HDMI only?

Has anyone used the Radeon Vega Frontier Edition?

It has 16GB HBM2 RAM.

Is it slower than the Vega 64? Which is very hard to find in terms of affordability due to miners :|

Yes it works and Apple support seems to have improved for the speeds, its about equal with the RX Vega 64 now in most benchmarks.

The store from where I bought the rx 560 shows this :
Output
1 x DVI-D
1 x HDMI
1 x DisplayPort 1.4
Resolution
5120×2880 (60Hz) Pixel DisplayPort Resolution
2560x1600 (60Hz) Pixel Dual Link DVI Resolution
4096×2160 (60 Hz) HDMI Resolution

Get this 2 apps and change your resolution, select 4K 60Hz.

Attachments

• RDM-2.1.dmg
    900 KB · Views: 79
  • ResXtreme.app.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
The only problem with it is that i can t find a 4k 60hz resolution only 30 hz, is there an option to create custom resolution maybe?

Well after doing some research, you need display port cable to run at 4k 60fps, real Macs doesn't use HDMI 2.0

Yes it works and Apple support seems to have improved for the speeds, its about equal with the RX Vega 64 now in most benchmarks.

Good to know. Are the fans always running tho? Is there a way to fix that?

Any of you able to play iTunes movies using this configuration?

Other posts suggest Shiki and Lilu, Whatevergreen kexts are required plus some tweaks using Terminal.

Back