Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Try the ssdt @carpentryplus25 suggested. Disable GFXO>IGPU and the fixhdmi/newway before restarting. Just put the attached ssdt in efi acpi>patched

@pinktank @carpentryplus25 @macnb

UPDATE:
I added the SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml to my EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched folder. I also made sure that AddHDMI_8000000 wasn't in my config.plist. Rebooted. I now have Audio through DisplayPort :)

Thanks to you all and Toleda!

1. Is there anything else I need to do?
2. Will I need to 'Re-Do' anything after any Apple updates etc?

Please let me know. :-D

UPDATE:
I added the SSDT-HDMI-AMD-PEG0.aml to my EFI>Clover>ACPI>patched folder. I also made sure that AddHDMI_8000000 wasn't in my config.plist. Rebooted. I now have Audio through DisplayPort :)

Toleda's SSDT is beast mode glad to help

UPDATE:

No, you are good.

I have an AMD R9 Fury X card.

I have done extensive research on getting it to work within OSX. There appeared to be a solution that would work in Sierra, but then I read this:

The Fury stopped working properly in a previous Sierra update, unfortunately.
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...letely_unable_to_get_r9_fury_to_work_in_high/

Questions:

1. Is the above statement true?
2. If so, will it work if I install the original base Sierra, and just never update it?
3. If not, is there a special version of Sierra I can get?

Thank You!

I have an AMD R9 Fury X card.

I have done extensive research on getting it to work within OSX. There appeared to be a solution that would work in Sierra, but then I read this:

https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh...letely_unable_to_get_r9_fury_to_work_in_high/

Questions:

1. Is the above statement true?
2. If so, will it work if I install the original base Sierra, and just never update it?
3. If not, is there a special version of Sierra I can get?

Thank You!

In the early versions it was possible to get it working, if you keep it at the Sierra 10.12.3-4 range I think you should be successful. Sierra 12.5 and 12.6 had some major changes to the AMD graphics kexts.

Do you have ID 0x73001002? Eventually High Sierra should have support for the card because they have a whole controller kext (AMD9300Controllerkext) with only one card ID for the fury. For now if you can load the older version of Sierra it should work until they add a new accelerator kext for the Fury cards, or add support in the existing kexts.. Fury cards have the HBM (one) memory and the Vegas have the HBM2 so maybe they need to develop the older Sierra type drivers for the Fury as separate kexts from the Vegas and Polaris cards. Before Vega the HBM could fit in the kexts with the GDDR5, DDR3 memory without any compatibility problems. Apple may have had to pull the HBM support in the later Sierra versions for testing with the Vegas. The timing of the drop out in Sierra and the Vega release seem to coincide a bit. Then on the other hand they may just add the HBM to the existing kexts.

You may also be able to load an older version of Sierra get it working and place those older kexts in Sierra 12.5 or 12.6 as well.

Screen Shot 2017-12-05 at 7.42.29 PM.png

@Flor!an Slice has a new version of HW3 monitor that is in beta but it is listing GPU temps for Radeon cards. Check out the Radeon Monitor thread at IM site. This is cool for AMD users.

Hey guys! Has anybody managed to get to work an HD 5750 on High Sierra??
It used to work on Sierra by faking the device ID, but this seems to not be the case on High Sierra

Back