Contribute
Register

Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards

Thats one serious wattage increase, from 150 to 300 for the VEGA. am using a 750 watt PSU, and I will not be overclocking anything, but would two(SAPPHIRE Radeon RX VEGA 64 DirectX 12 100410L 8GB) in dual configuration increase performance or be overkill for FCPX?

You will probably want a 1000 watt power supply for that at minimum. 2 RX Vega 56 might work, 210 watts each. If you starve circuits for power they can burn up from overheating. I picked up a 750 watt PS for the card.

You will probably want a 1000 watt power supply for that at minimum. 2 RX Vega 56 might work, 210 watts each. If you starve circuits for power they can burn up from overheating. I picked up a 750 watt PS for the card.
Okay! I will wait for experiences with dual (Radeon RX VEGA 64) before trying 2 cards.

Okay! I will wait for experiences with dual (Radeon RX VEGA 64) before trying 2 cards.

I have 2 RX 480s and the only app they work in is Luxmark Ball Benches, all other apps I've tried only use one card. I'm not sure about FCPx and whether it would use both cards.

Thats one serious wattage increase, from 150 to 300 for the VEGA. am using a 750 watt PSU, and I will not be overclocking anything, but would two(SAPPHIRE Radeon RX VEGA 64 DirectX 12 100410L 8GB) in dual configuration increase performance or be overkill for FCPX?
I think for what you pay, it will be over kill. if you can stumble upon VEGA's just get one vega 64.

I think for what you pay, it will be over kill. if you can stumble upon VEGA's just get one vega 64.
Thanks Saminn! Right now the VEGA 64 are selling out like hot cakes. I am definitely waiting until I can install High Sierra, before I get a VEGA. Or if somebody comes out with a good guide.

Yes It works.
You have to put lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext on /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
then use 0x665C1002 as FakeID on clover.
View attachment 272301

R7 260X will be identified as AMD RADEON HD 7790 with correct memory size.
you will have full acceleration !

Although, Opengl performance is kind of poor : only 20 FPS on cinebench when it should be around 50 FPS.
Already tried other Fakeids (6651, 67B0, 665D) and got always the same poor performance.
Any clue on how to improve this ?

can u please tell your installation procedure, i can't get it working, it just shows the GPU name as yours info but graphics does not work, transparency effect won't start.

can u please tell your installation procedure, i can't get it working, it just shows the GPU name as yours info but graphics does not work, transparency effect won't start.

In clover boot menu use cursor arrows to go to options, hit enter, then scroll to graphics settings place ATI fake ID 0x665C1002 and select inject ATi. Then boot and report.

If you post your config.plist we can adjust for you.

Back