Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone, I really need you help!

I had a working Sierra Install and I was using verde.kext to get around the black screen for a long time.
With High Sierra I'm experiencing the Black screen again with or without verde.kext.

Has anybody figured out a solution? Will this GPU possibly work with
whatevergreen and lilu kext?

Any Ideas are very much appreciated!
Thanks,
Fleisch

I have my 7750 working perfect with whatevergeen and lilu. Use the clover boot arguments as explained in this post:
HD 7750 Verde.kext not working anymore in macOS High Sierra beta 7
Thank you for your reply. I copied the Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext to Clover/kexts/Others and added the two arguments to the config.plist.
IMG_2017.jpg
Screen still goes black at the the end of the boot. I can access the non apfs Drives via network so the system seems to be kind of running.
Am I missing something? I deleted the verde.kext from "Others". Is there a possibility that High Sierra takes kexts from 10.12 folder? Going to delete them for a test...

Thank you for your reply. I copied the Lilu.kext and Whatevergreen.kext to Clover/kexts/Others and added the two arguments to the config.plist.
View attachment 285111
Screen still goes black at the the end of the boot. I can access the non apfs Drives via network so the system seems to be kind of running.
Am I missing something? I deleted the verde.kext from "Others". Is there a possibility that High Sierra takes kexts from 10.12 folder? Going to delete them for a test...
Nope still black :(

Is there a way to tell if the whatevergreen.kext loaded ok?
Really frustrated over here :(
Maybe I should buy a mac...

2E887C4A-C27F-4A1A-B4C9-37773D81056E.jpeg

If i disable the igpu the boot hangs here...

Went back to sierra :roll2:

I had my ASUS Radeon 7750 Silent running with Sierra, using verde.kext and DVI port. Couldn't get it to run in High Sierra, tried older versions of whatevergreen and lilu, and verde, during 10.13 beta. (I reverted to my 6670 which works in High Sierra)

Tonight I got my 7750 and High Sierra running using whatevergreen.kext 1.10 and lilu.kext 1.20 in Clover/kexts/10.13 with boot argument radpg=15 and _HDMI_ port. DVI port is just black. I am using 10.13.1 Beta.

So, I'm considering getting an HDMI->DVI Cable, unless I can find another solution.

I don't know if the Displayport is working. I'm curious about that since I'm considering getting a 4K monitor.

One thing: In High Sierra the card has 24 bit framebuffer depth, in Sierra 32 bit framebuffer depth. I don't know why, or if it is important.

Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 00.16.03.png

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2017-10-18 kl. 00.53.07.png
    Skärmavbild 2017-10-18 kl. 00.53.07.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
Please Feartech moderator (I don't know a way to PM/contact you directly) explain me why are you deleting my posts requesting me "create your own thread" if my posts are replies related to the subject discussed in the threads i'm posting like THIS.

<-- OK, sorry, now I could see your complete msg "conversation" in my email notification, please delete this post and let somebody enable full "conversation" access for new users (it says "You need to have 75 posts to be able to see your conversations." <- thats why I could not see your clarification in the first place, I only was allowed to see the TITLE)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back