Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

I have searched exhaustively around the Internet for the answer and I just cant seem to find any current / up to date information on IF it is possible to get a Hackintosh build with a Radeon 6990.

From what I understand there is no out of the box support for 10.6 Snow Leopard for the 6990 (Makes sense, it wasn't out then) and that 10.7 (Lion) can actually support the 6950 and 6970 with updates. However I can't find anyone to tell me if my 6990 will be support / can work.

I just want to enable the video card, I don't care if one GPU is disabled and it reads it as a single cored card. I just want it to work.

Every time I tried to boot using iboot I was always need to enable with the flag 'GraphicsEnabler=false' and every time I didn't it would have an error. I assume that even after I updated from 10.6.0 to 10.6.4 (I was following an old guide, I didnt update to 10.6.8) my device is not supported.

Would anyone be able to tell me what to do?

I hope someone knows because I have run out of ideas.

Kind Regards

OK so I'll assume no one knows or that no one can point me in the right direction?

69xx is unsupported.

Purchase a XFX 6870 and resolve all your issues.

K, Thanks for that, I had a feeling that would be the case :( . Thought there is no way in this world ill be replacing my beast 6990 with anything less. Running OSX isn't that important that I would want to spend more than the $32 I spent already on the OS disk.

Hopefully in a future build it might be supported. Thanks

Some ppl claim you only need to add the device id of the 6990 to the kext and it works.

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,1117.165.html

Hi to all,
I'm a newbie on hackintosh and I own a Radeon HD 6990 and I have some issues with that card. I'm trying to add the deviceid to the kext following some guide but without luck. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Could someone help me in that? There is a specific kext that I should use?
Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back