Graphics
Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is my first hackintosh build and im running into some problems.
I am using the a CustoMac build

Specs:

Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
16GB Corsair 1600 Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 6850

So finished my build and it boots with integrated graphics, when i try to install the graphic card during boot up it freezes on the apple pinwheel screen

I have tried using 4GB of ram, i have tried using the graphic card for the install, i have tried adding the graphics card after the install. It doesnt work.

I was if anyone could help me to get the graphic card working

P.S. I get a kernel panic every time i try to update to 10.6.8 from 10.6.7

Okay, dealing with one problem at a time here:

Reinstall and boot from iBoot into your new installation, then Multibeast with User DSDT selected. Also install Chimera Bootloader and FakeSMC, along with any other Kext you know you need. After the install is complete of multibeast, restart.

Now, booting into your installation using iBoot, you need to install Update Helper, which can be found here:

viewforum.php?f=125

once the install is complete, restart again. Once you are back on the desktop, you should be able to install the 10.6.8 Update.

Noe that the 10.6.8 update is installed, your new graphics card is now supported. Congrats :).

Also: It wouldn't hurt to read this post here for a better understanding of necessary steps: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/ ... pdate.html

vivanetx said:
Okay, dealing with one problem at a time here:

Reinstall and boot from iBoot into your new installation, then Multibeast with User DSDT selected. Also install Chimera Bootloader and FakeSMC, along with any other Kext you know you need. After the install is complete of multibeast, restart.

Now, booting into your installation using iBoot, you need to install Update Helper, which can be found here:

viewforum.php?f=125

once the install is complete, restart again. Once you are back on the desktop, you should be able to install the 10.6.8 Update.

Noe that the 10.6.8 update is installed, your new graphics card is now supported. Congrats :).

Also: It wouldn't hurt to read this post here for a better understanding of necessary steps: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/06/ ... pdate.html

Thank you soooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!
It worked!!!!!!!!

Hehe :D.

So happy for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back