Contribute
Register

R9 280X problems (sapphire and asus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue with my new Asus R9 280x (boots with fuzzy multicolor garbage, like an old CRT TV with bad reception...unplugging and replugging DVI cable clears it up).

In case anyone is interested, I finally switched to a displayport connector from DVI and I no longer have this issue I was running into (boots to a clear screen now). I guess there is an issue with the DVI port on some R9 280x cards.

Hi, I want to share my experience with powercolor r9 280x

Here´s my system:
GA-z87x-UD5H
i5 4690
16Gb Ram 1333 Mhz
Nvidia GF 220
Multibeast 6.5
Mavericks 10.9.5

I was using igpu as main display output and gf 220 for the second monitor.
Everything working perfectly stable.

Yesterday I got
Powercolor r9 280x

I made a cc clone of my systemdrive installed 280x, started with usb and reinstalled Multibeast using
MacPro 5.1 as systemdefinition. Then I moved the Extra to EFI partition. Disabled igpu in bios
DIDN´t work!!
I was only able to boot in save mode with GraphicsEnabler=No

Solution:
I put my backup back on the systemdrive. (igpu enabled, nothing plugged into the 280x)
I ran Multibeast 6.5 and left system definition to iMac 14.2, exactly the way, I had it before)
Moved Extra to EFI partition
Restarted using no bootflags

Now everything works fine igpu is disabled in bios, main monitor is connected via hdmi, second monitor via vga-adapter

luxmark score is about 2200
BruceX Test finished after 28 seconds

Hi Guys

Plz Anyone can tell me which r9 280x should i buy

1. Saphhire Vapor-X
OR Toxic Version
2. Asus

i m runnig
i7 4770K
intel dz87klt-75k Board
8 Gb Ram
600w Supplly

Thanks in Advance

I have 2 x R9 280X Sapphire Vapor-X 3GB OC. The install was dead easy, I installed the whole lot with one 280X in, disabled the onboard graphics, went straight to the EFI partition hack and it just worked.

Amazingly easy.

Both cards are quiet and both are fast as I use FCP X. Multiple monitors just works OK.

I'm a happy bunny. Can't comment on the other 280X cards but assume they will work OK.

No complaints from me.

I have 2 x R9 280X Sapphire Vapor-X 3GB OC. The install was dead easy, I installed the whole lot with one 280X in, disabled the onboard graphics, went straight to the EFI partition hack and it just worked.

Amazingly easy.

Both cards are quiet and both are fast as I use FCP X. Multiple monitors just works OK.

I'm a happy bunny. Can't comment on the other 280X cards but assume they will work OK.

No complaints from me.

Sorry rwillett, is your version the tri-x one or the Double Dissipation?
I'm wondering if is essentially the same, but with different dissipation set,because I can't find the DD here.

Thank you

Yes, that's what I mean!
I'm ordering it right now!

If is ok, could you please tell me which hardware-system config. are you using?
Clover or Chimera install?

Thanks again

Chimera as its dead simple and just worked. I looked at Clover, couldn't make head or tail of it and simply went with what I've used before. People love to complicate things.

Here's my Multibeast config. I'm told the USB 3.0 Kext is not needed and neither is the Apple RTC patch, but I've not rolled them back out.

Screen Shot 2015-02-10 at 21.26.47.png

Its as simple as I can make it.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back