i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody,
recently I bought a sapphire R9 280X dual-x and I try it in my hack, first I had problem immediately after:
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: test

with strange garbled text and solve the problem with chimera installation on EFI partition.

Then chimera boots but I see a black screen and not the desktop (but I can open itunes and listen music, without watching).
If I put the system in sleep with power button and then wake it, everything seems working but with poor performance.

Then I tried GraphicsEnabler=No and I can see the desktop but it is like one row of pixel is slightly shifted with respect to the upper and lower one, I can read text with some difficulties but it is horrible, I notice that if I unplug and replug the DVI connector everything come back to normality but with the same boot performance.

Then I tried the R9 280X ASUS DirectCu of a friend, and I had the same problem even if the asus was reported as working OOB, what can I try?

Thank you

No, I have not fixed the problem yet, I will try with macpro 5,1 this afternoon but I think it creates problem with my configuration, if it had not been I would have done before, anyway I have still sapphire and asus at home and will try

update: I set macpro 5,1 and remove the AppleTyMCE kext, now performance on luxmack jump from 840 to 2300 BUT at the beginning, whan desktop appears, I see the same "strange" monitor, the linear lines seems undulations, the names of the files are barely legible, if I unplug and replug DVI everything seems normal BUT.. if I open starcraft II or cinebench the app crashes, with macpro 3,1 I have 31 FPS (130 with windows) but starcraft II works, now crashes :(

got some boot problem and (when boot went fine) multicolor graphics garbage on screen.
Solved by dart=0 at boot
asus p8h77-le
i5-3550
asus direct cu r9280x-dc2t-3gd5
luxmark score approx 2100
Whis it will works for you, cheers :)

got some boot problem and (when boot went fine) multicolor graphics garbage on screen.
Solved by dart=0 at boot
asus p8h77-le
i5-3550
asus direct cu r9280x-dc2t-3gd5
luxmark score approx 2100
Whis it will works for you, cheers :)

I will try, do you use GraphicsEnabler= yes or no?
System definition mac pro 3.1 or 5.1?
Thx

EDIT: it doesn't work :(

Anyone ever find a solution to this? I have the exact same issue with my new Asus R9 280x (boots with fuzzy multicolor garbage, like an old CRT TV with bad reception...unplugging and replugging DVI cable clears it up).

I've tried all this so far:
MacPro 5,1 definition
Moving Chimera to EFI partition
dart=0

Card works great under Windows 8.1.

Same issue as amagus with multicolored lines, solved by the replugging dvi, only i didn't have to set to Mac Pro 5.1, still using regular Mac Pro early 2008 profile, and haven't deleted that AppleTyMCE kext, and yet i still get 2300 score in Luxmark.

Im using a PowerColor R9 280X, and I'm happy with the performance, but please oh please can we get help with those multicolored lines bug. There must a solution by now. I don't want to replug my DVI cable every time. Im using a Dell U2713HM with 2560x1440 resolution, if that helps in any way of determining the issue. I'm open to suggestions, thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 1.44.20 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 1.44.20 PM.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 1,258
I see that questions very often get unanswered here... There is no way that in the community this big, someone else doesn't have the same issues with these cards...

I see that questions very often get unanswered here... There is no way that in the community this big, someone else doesn't have the same issues with these cards...

Ok I share with you the solution I adopted...I sold the 280x and bought a GTX 770, works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back