R9 270x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,

im up and running here on my 10.9 Mavericks Hackintosh. Everything is working except HDMI Audio on my R9 270x. I downloaded Vlada's R9 270 installer and my graphics card is recognized as a R9 2xx Series in the system informations. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to kext edit's and stuff. I installed using the DSDT-free method with Multibeast. Hope someone can help me out here.

Thanks in advance

n1con

Thanks for your reply. I saw the guide on customizing the AppleHDA, but which guide should i use? Is the HD7000 guide working for R9 2xx as well?

which guide should i use? Is the HD7000 guide working for R9 2xx as well?
Post #1 of the thread linked above: Requirements/2. Graphics/2. AMD HD5xxx/HD6xxx/HD7xxx/R7/R9. The technique is the same for all AMD graphic cards with an HDMI audio codec. AMD7000Controller.kext supports specific HD7xxx/R7/R9 graphics cards.

If i'm not mistaken i would need a DSDT for those edits. But i chose the DSDT-Free method with MultiBeast. Do i have to do it all over again or can i generate a dsdt file for my hackintosh?

Alright so i extracted my DSDT with DSDTSE and i am currently doing the DSDT Edits. I'm a little bit confused where those edits really belong. In the tutorial it says:

With GraphicsEnabler=No in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, make the following changes to your dsdt.

Add the following code to Device (GFX0) - Modify for your particular Radeon HD 5xxx or HD 6xxx graphics card.

Code:
Store (Package (0x0C)
{
"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"ATY,Uakari"
},

"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"ATY,Uakari"
},

"@2,name",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"ATY,Uakari"
},

"@3,name",
Buffer (0x0D)
{
"ATY,Uakari"
},

"model",
Buffer (0x13)
{
"AMD Radeon HD 5870"
},
}

I'm not really sure where to put these. It looks like they were meant to be put in a method. Device (GFX0) is full of Methods but which one is the right one?

My 2nd Question would be the edits made to Device (PEGP) do i copy all three devices in the one device? The brackets suggest it but i'm not really sure.

Thanks for your help

n1con

Alright so i extracted my DSDT with DSDTSE and i am currently doing the DSDT Edits. I'm a little bit confused where those edits really belong.
Graphics card edits are added after the HDMI audio is enabled in OS X. See Post #2.
BTW, in your unedited dsdt, GFX0 represents integrated graphics, not discrete graphics.

I'm not really sure what you mean with "after HDMI Audio is enabled". Does this mean i should just do the Kext Edits now? Because i tried that but i can't find HDAU in IOReg so i figured i will have to do some editing in the DSDT right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back