Contribute
Register

Quick Sync hardware encode w/ nVideo card as primary

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I followed the directions above and VideoProc is showing that HEVC is enabled, but not H264. Should it be?

Also, I've noticed that my computer doesn't lock when the monitors power off anymore. It was working prior to enabling quicksync, so I think the system thinks a monitor is still powered on somewhere, so it doesn't lock the system.

Try refreshing. Both should be enabled

Try refreshing. Both should be enabled
Yeah...no dice. I've rebooted multiple times and tried refreshing VideoProc and it still gives me this.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 9.30.00 AM.png

In Toleda's guide (Installation -> Clover [1] ) he states to set Inject Intel to true and inject a ig-platform-id, in my case this will be 0x04120004 for HD4600

But the WhateverGreen guide states to remove Intel Injection and no ig-platform-id ?

The two guides contradict each other ... whats working for you ?
No contradiction. For Clover to inject ig-platform-id, Intel/Inject must be true.
If Clover is not used to inject ig-platform-id (i.e., Properties, etc.) Intel/Inject should be false.

Yeah...no dice. I've rebooted multiple times and tried refreshing VideoProc and it still gives me this.

View attachment 348151
I'm sorry. What I meant from refreshing is clicking on the Half circle button with the arrow on the H264 section. Not rebooting

View attachment 348151

Just out of curiosity as you are a VideoProc user...

Is this software any good and fast as some sites claim that this software is scam?

On my hackintosh it takes few seconds to do the 5 minutes 1080p25 video encoding...
dunno which acceleration it using as I dunno how to check if Intel QSV is enabled or not...

May i know which is this tool ??
It's called VideoProc.

Just out of curiosity as you are a VideoProc user...

Is this software any good and fast as some sites claim that this software is scam?

On my hackintosh it takes few seconds to do the 5 minutes 1080p25 video encoding...
dunno which acceleration it using as I dunno how to check if Intel QSV is enabled or not...
To be honest, I have no idea. I'm only using it to verify that hardware encoding is enabled. I use FCPX for all my editing and then Handbrake to do compression.

Can anyone give me some advice, I want to enable iGPU / Quick sync alongside my RX580. I've read up plenty but wondered if this was the right direction to try as a little lost in places.

1. Enable IGPU in BIOS (for my MSI BIOS it's enable multi-monitor mode and make sure Initiate graphics adapter is set on PEG)
  2. Set DVMT to max, I can only go up to 64mb (so I will need Whatevergreen to get round this?)
  3. Inject intel and set ig-platform-id = 0x59120003 for connector less IGPU (for coffeelake and the fact I won't be having any monitors plugged into the igpu)
  4. Do I need this in my config:
<dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AwASWQ==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
ElkAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm using 18,3 system def. Thanks for any pointers!

Can anyone give me some advice, I want to enable iGPU / Quick sync alongside my RX580. I've read up plenty but wondered if this was the right direction to try as a little lost in places.

1. Enable IGPU in BIOS (for my MSI BIOS it's enable multi-monitor mode and make sure Initiate graphics adapter is set on PEG)
  2. Set DVMT to max, I can only go up to 64mb (so I will need Whatevergreen to get round this?)
  3. Inject intel and set ig-platform-id = 0x59120003 for connector less IGPU (for coffeelake and the fact I won't be having any monitors plugged into the igpu)
  4. Do I need this in my config:
<dict>
<key>Devices</key>
<dict>
<key>Properties</key>
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
<data>
AwASWQ==
</data>
<key>device-id</key>
<data>
ElkAAA==
</data>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

I'm using 18,3 system def. Thanks for any pointers!

#4 is the correct, current method.

You don't need to do #3. That's the old method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back