Graphics
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a few questions that hopefully can be answered.

I've also had plenty of experience with Unix/Linux systems, so feel free to lay on the jargon.

Question 1:

I have a Time Machine backup of my entire system. However, when I try and re-image my system, my computer always freezes after 1 hour at most.
The same thing usually happens when I try and install Snow Leopard.

All my BIOS settings are correct and I don't have any incompatible hardware besides a PATA CD/DVD drive, which has been tried and true now for about 6 years and might not even be incompatible.

Why does my computer crash and how do I prevent it from happening?

Question 2:

Can the time machine above even be used to reformat my system to a fully-working OSX machine?

Thanks~

I think most people here use Carbon Copy Cloner. It's quicker, easier, and IMO more effective. But as far as the crash... We'd need more info.. Is it KPing, any messages, etc.

HoochShepherd said:
I think most people here use Carbon Copy Cloner. It's quicker, easier, and IMO more effective. But as far as the crash... We'd need more info.. Is it KPing, any messages, etc.

I mean it freezes. As in Mid-installation / restore
No messages, no response.
No reaction from hardware buttons.
The screen usually shuts off, but sometimes I can recreate a crash by any type of input after awhile.

I've never heard of carbon copier.. I'll give it a shot, but right now I have a time machine backup.. not a CCC backup. Unless the software is compatible and bootable. Then by all means, I'd love to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back