Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Everyone,

So it looks like I spoke a little bit too soon, stating everything was working. Now I have a Kaby Lake I7-7700K with Intel HD 630 but there seems to be a lot of work (ie more than a couple of hours) to make the Intel onboard stuff work.

So my question is...

If i buy an MSI AMD RX 580 Armor 8G (ie, this) is it effectively plug and play? When I say Plug and play, is it an easy setup using Multibeast?) I am just looking for least path of resistance :)

Many thanks

Stuart

Hi Everyone,

So it looks like I spoke a little bit too soon, stating everything was working. Now I have a Kaby Lake I7-7700K with Intel HD 630 but there seems to be a lot of work (ie more than a couple of hours) to make the Intel onboard stuff work.

So my question is...

If i buy an MSI AMD RX 580 Armor 8G (ie, this) is it effectively plug and play? When I say Plug and play, is it an easy setup using Multibeast?) I am just looking for least path of resistance :)

Many thanks

Stuart
Did you bother to check the buyer's guide?

While not p-n-p, all it takes is Whatevergreen.kext and lilu.kext to get most AMD GPUs working. My Gigabyte Aorus RX580 8GB works well with these 2 kext files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back