I9-7920X
Graphics
GTX 1050 TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Not to be redundant, as I'm sure this has been asked many times previously, but my High Sierra installation, although successful, does not recognize my Gigabyte 1050ti GPU.

Proc: i9 7920
GPU: 1050ti
RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX
MB: ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe

I had some issues, but eventually got things working with kbg's awesome guide.

Should I get a Radeon card instead, or should I use the UniBeast to Clover installation method? What will provide the most stability?

This machine is for audio.

Thanks!

I followed KBG’s guide — should I use MultiBeast to finish this process, or should I start over from the beginning with UniBeast? I used Clover without UniBeast or MultiBeast from the beginning and got everything except for the GPU drivers working (simply haven’t had time to install them).

How do I get the HDD to boot to OSX automatically without requiring the USB? Where do I store the EFI files on my HDD with the OSX installation to forgo the USB?

Thanks!

Last edited:
If this is exclusively for audio you could get a GT 710 2GB and not have to use any web driver. The 710 has native drivers in macOS. You don't even need anything as powerful as a 1050 Ti unless you would be using 4K monitors.

If this is exclusively for audio you could get a GT 710 2GB and not have to use any web driver. The 710 has native drivers in macOS. You don't even need anything as powerful as a 1050 Ti unless you would be using 4K monitors.

Thanks for the reply!

I have it so I'd like to use it if possible. Should I reinstall High Sierra using the recent Unibeast guide, or install the Nvidia web drivers? Is there a file I can share to provide an analysis of stability?

Thanks for the reply!

I have it so I'd like to use it if possible. Should I reinstall High Sierra using the recent Unibeast guide, or install the Nvidia web drivers? Is there a file I can share to provide an analysis of stability?
It won't work without the Nvidia web driver for the specific version of HS you are using.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

It won't work without the Nvidia web driver for the specific version of HS you are using.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/

Perfect! I’ll check that ASAP.

I followed KBG’s guide — should I use MultiBeast to finish this process, or should I start over from the beginning with UniBeast? I used Clover without UniBeast or MultiBeast from the beginning and got everything except for the GPU drivers working (simply haven’t had time to install them).

How do I get the HDD to boot to OSX automatically without requiring the USB? Where do I store the EFI files on my HDD with the OSX installation to forgo the USB?

Thanks!

First thing you must do:

Please put your hardware specs, CPU, graphics and motherboard into your https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details section.

If you have followed KGP's guide I'd suggest you post in that thread and continue to follow what he recommends post install to be able to boot from the HDD.

First thing you must do:

Please put your hardware specs, CPU, graphics and motherboard into your https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/personal-details section.

If you have followed KGP's guide I'd suggest you post in that thread and continue to follow what he recommends post install to be able to boot from the HDD.

Thanks! Perfect. I added my details (mostly in signature). I’ll fix the EFI boot issue, get the GPU working, and install MultiBeast. From what I can tell this will get me all up and running (I can already get to the desktop but display claims to be running off of 3 MB). I’ll report back either way.

The 1050 Ti will need the Nvidia Web Driver to work. Install that. You can also install the Clover Bootloader the same way KGP does. He does not use Multibeast at all. Find directions in his guide.

The 1050 Ti will need the Nvidia Web Driver to work. Install that. You can also install the Clover Bootloader the same way KGP does. He does not use Multibeast at all. Find directions in his guide.

I have the webdriver installed, the icon appears in the upper right corner in the Finder menu top bar. However, when I enable it via that menu and it asks me to restart, it doesn't activate. How do I edit the EFI installation on my HDD independent of the Clover on the USB? Thanks again.

I have the webdriver installed, the icon appears in the upper right corner in the Finder menu top bar. However, when I enable it via that menu and it asks me to restart, it doesn't activate. How do I edit the EFI installation on my HDD independent of the Clover on the USB? Thanks again.
You first have to mount the EFI partition before you can do anything. Use either EFI mounter V3 or Clover Configurator to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back