Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I just ordered my parts for a nice Hackintosh build based on several recomendations on here but I have one question that I have not seen answered:

the Unibeast install guideline states you need to build the boot USB from Leopard 10.6.6 or later ...since I don't have a mac I was planing on using a friend's mac but he is already on Mountain Lion, can I still do the ML download and the install the same way or do I need to find a MAC running SL?

Thanks

Hi there,

the Unibeast install guideline states you need to build the boot USB from Leopard 10.6.6 or later ...

I personally have had better success of using any mac, taking the ML install image and burning a thumb drive with it (see instructions anywhere on the web on how to do it).

Then take the latest version of Chimera and install it to the USB drive you created. You can now boot with that drive and install ML. If you are 100% good on all your hardware, you should not need to add stuff to your /Extra folder. You may need to add a custom DSDT into that folder to get it to boot if you are not on a supported board and you may have to add certain kexts. You will need to research which ones by learning how to trace your boot up sequence in verbose and understand what is needed to be done from there.

Unibeast is handy but there are more than one way to get those files onto a hard drive. And if you follow my steps and are building an Ivy bridge with a 3rd gen core proc, then you should be golden for instant boot up with no added fluff into the /Extra folder on your USB drive. If anything you may have to add FakeSMC.kext into it. You can also use Multibeast to install the required files to the USB drive to help it boot. Just select the USB drive for the destination when you run Multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back