Contribute
Register

[Quick Guide] Core i3 / P55M-UD2 / Radeon 4850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [i3/P55M-UD2/4850] Sleep / 64bit

The DSDT from MultiBeast should work without SleepEnabler- I don't use that kext. Also, you will not be able to get 'true' 64 bit mode with the Legacy kernel- it doesn't support it.

Here's a bit of info:

The kernel will work in 32-bit. You don’t get pure 64-bit mode , as in your hardware drivers would be in 32-bit. However programs would take advantage of 64-bit mode and run natively in 64-bit if its capable of doing so. However be warned that 64-bit support is bit flaky due to the fact that these older processors lack SSSE3. For AMD systems , you’ll notice that some programs will crash with 64-bit. As for Intel , you’ll notice that QuickTime X will fail to play H.264 movies with 64-bit turned on. These are known issues. 64-bit support is disabled by default due to these reasons. To enable 64-bit , simply boot with “-force64″ (without quotes) to test out 64-bit functionalitly. AMD users with SSE2 and AMD64 should not attempt to run programs in 64-bit as its way to slow and it can cause lots of hiccups (hangs , kernel panic and such).

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f214/91881.htm

tonymacx86 said:
The DSDT from MultiBeast should work without SleepEnabler
But it doesn't work for me. Think it has to do with i3 or Kernel. Are there any advantages for not using sleepenabler.kext?

tonymacx86 said:
To enable 64-bit , simply boot with “-force64″ (without quotes) to test out 64-bit functionalitly.
Even with that, I do not get the 64bt-Yes in the System Profiler. Does that mean that 64bit completely does not work for the Kernel or does it mean that although there is a "No" in the Profiler I am in an 64bit testing-mode for the Kernel?

ZackD said:
tonymacx86 said:
The DSDT from MultiBeast should work without SleepEnabler
But it doesn't work for me. Think it has to do with i3 or Kernel. Are there any advantages for not using sleepenabler.kext?

tonymacx86 said:
To enable 64-bit , simply boot with “-force64″ (without quotes) to test out 64-bit functionalitly.
Even with that, I do not get the 64bt-Yes in the System Profiler. Does that mean that 64bit completely does not work for the Kernel or does it mean that although there is a "No" in the Profiler I am in an 64bit testing-mode for the Kernel?

64 bit mode will NOT show up in System Profiler for that kernel.

Finished, added step-by-step to first post.

tonymacx86 said:
As for Intel , you’ll notice that QuickTime X will fail to play H.264 movies with 64-bit turned on. These are known issues. 64-bit support is disabled by default due to these reasons.
http://www.hackint0sh.org/f214/91881.htm

So this is the reason my i5 system with HD6870 QTX crash? Will try booting 32bit later at home...

If so, can i use the kernel from 10.6.6 which i never got problem with QTX crashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back