<< Solved >> Quick Dumb Question with Merge Function on PlistBuddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
I7
Graphics
GTX 680
Hey Community!

I'm just trying to finish up MacMan's Build here. What I can't figure out is how to properly merge his two patch files (attached) to the Confi.Plist. His instructions read:

The command would look like this if Clover just installed to the destination:
Bash: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
or like this if you had to mount the destination EFI
Bash: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

When I put the patch on the desktop I keep getting the error "Error Reading File..." Being completely new to this and finding nothing on this blog or others I'd love just a quick "Idiots Guide" of where to put these files on my computer or what I need to change to point the terminal code at finding and reading them on my desktop.

Thank in advance.

Attachments

• ASUS_ACPI.zip
    940 bytes · Views: 82
  • ASUS_TUF_Z390_HD630.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 69
Hey Community!

I'm just trying to finish up MacMan's Build here. What I can't figure out is how to properly merge his two patch files (attached) to the Confi.Plist. His instructions read:

The command would look like this if Clover just installed to the destination:
Bash: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
or like this if you had to mount the destination EFI
Bash: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "Merge ASUS_ACPI :ACPI:DSDT:" /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

When I put the patch on the desktop I keep getting the error "Error Reading File..." Being completely new to this and finding nothing on this blog or others I'd love just a quick "Idiots Guide" of where to put these files on my computer or what I need to change to point the terminal code at finding and reading them on my desktop.

Thank in advance.
make sure you are in the same directory as to where the patch file is

@Feartech in this case that would be " /Volumes/ESP/EFI/CLOVER/"? If so when I move the two files there as well I still get the same error.
wherever you decide to put the patch file, then make sure you are in that directory in terminal

I cd to the directory where the patch files are and it still gives me the same error. Can someone help??
Thank you!

I cd to the directory where the patch files are and it still gives me the same error. Can someone help??
Thank you!
obviously you haven't "cd" to the correct directory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back