Contribute
Register

Quick Bluetooth Tip for Apple Wireless KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
CoolFX said:
Do your belkin works well after sleep on Lion? My trackpad don't work after sleep and my keyboard acts strange, eject button opens the calculator. Really strange... But it works well on chimera and bios, and keyboard wakes computer from sleep.

Yep, wake from sleep using the belkin has this affect... otherwise its still very good because it works in Chimera and Bios.

The Apple Module is great, no problems like that :thumbup:

light_vader said:
Hey there.

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up just using an USB keyboard on Windows 7 because the pairing is a pain in the... :crazy:

Say, is this your adapter?

I have this adapter as well but Im talking about the Apple Module at the moment.

Wow, I have waaay more than 3 hours invested in fixing this stupid problem. THANK YOU!!!! This appears to be working for my apple keyboard and trackpad. I dual boot and have my primary display in the basement on a 42" tv, and I use an HDMI matrix to send my signal to my living room where I was unable to use my kb/trackpad in windows. All in the past now!

This is crazy, but I think my hack is FINALLY complete. :D

nate5532 said:
Wow, I have waaay more than 3 hours invested in fixing this stupid problem. THANK YOU!!!! This appears to be working for my apple keyboard and trackpad. I dual boot and have my primary display in the basement on a 42" tv, and I use an HDMI matrix to send my signal to my living room where I was unable to use my kb/trackpad in windows. All in the past now!

This is crazy, but I think my hack is FINALLY complete. :D

Congrats man, I knew this would help alot of people.. its one of those annoying problems.

CoolFX said:
Do your belkin works well after sleep on Lion? My trackpad don't work after sleep and my keyboard acts strange, eject button opens the calculator. Really strange... But it works well on chimera and bios, and keyboard wakes computer from sleep.

I dont use sleep because its not worth the headache... my BT adapter does everything I want it to do.

I also disabled it... but its a shame because sleep works really well on my lion install without the bluetooth dongle. :(
Maybe someone, one day, will find a usb bluetooth dongle that works fine with an Apple wireless keyboard on chimera/bios and with no sleep issues on Lion and the wireless trackpad. :)

CoolFX said:
I also disabled it... but its a shame because sleep works really well on my lion install without the bluetooth dongle. :(
Maybe someone, one day, will find a usb bluetooth dongle that works fine with an Apple wireless keyboard on chimera/bios and with no sleep issues on Lion and the wireless trackpad. :)

Well we can only hope BUT seriously I wouldnt lose any sleep over sleep. Its really not that important, most old heads around the osx scene dont really care for it because of the real advantages.

:D

I will try this solution out this weekend. I use Lion 10.7.3 and a Linux distro (no MS O/S).

Can anyone shed light on the 4 digit codes needed for pairing Apple Wireless Keyboard (no idea as to the code for this keyboard) and the Apple Wireless Trackpad (believe this is 0000)?

I tried this last weekend, successfully paired the Apple wireless trackpad using 0000, but could not pair the keyboard. Then, when I rebooted, could not use the Apple wireless keyboard to get to BIOS or to select either OS X or Linux partitions in Chameleon. Auto selects OS X. Guess I will have to hook up a wired keyboard to try this. Once OS X is loaded, both keyboard and the trackpad work. I just am unable to use them to get to BIOS or with Chameleon.

If anyone knows the 4 digit code for pairing the Apple wireless keyboard in linux, that would be truly helpful.

nesnfsn in sunny South Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back