B85M-G
CPU
Core i7 4770
Graphics
nVidia 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Hi, I am about to buy a ryzen 3700x system, but I have some questions regarding hackintosh:

- Does the ryzen work as good as an intel, if using opencore boot? Are there any limitations over Intel?

- What is the minimum macos version to be used with a ryzen?

- Do you think that ryzen will run also in big sur and following macoses?

- Does the ryzen's "vt-x" also work with macos and is supported e.g. by vmware?

- what about power management of a ryzen? is it already setup with nice values by default (from dsdt or so)? Will overclocking settings in my bios have an effect under macos?

Thanks for help!

Hi, I am about to buy a ryzen 3700x system, but I have some questions regarding hackintosh:

- Does the ryzen work as good as an intel, if using opencore boot? Are there any limitations over Intel?

- What is the minimum macos version to be used with a ryzen?

- Do you think that ryzen will run also in big sur and following macoses?

- Does the ryzen's "vt-x" also work with macos and is supported e.g. by vmware?

- what about power management of a ryzen? is it already setup with nice values by default (from dsdt or so)? Will overclocking settings in my bios have an effect under macos?

Thanks for help!

(1) It is well known that Adobe MacOS applications have problems with Ryzen CPUs. If you will use them you should think twice about building a Ryzen hackintosh.

(2) To use Ryzen with OpenCore you will need MacOS Catalina at least.

(3) Probably, with Big Sur at least. There is an ongoing thread here :

(4) Unknown. The newest version of VMware Fusion (12), which supports Big Sur, now uses Apple's Hypervisor API on Big Sur instead of its own kext as far as I know, which may require Intel CPU features and may not work with Ryzen CPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back