CPU
i5-2410m
Graphics
HD 3000 & RX 490m
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been considering upgrading my screen to the 1080p one and I have a few questions.

What does the screen look like when running 1080p? Does everything look much smaller or does it look almost the same size as the stock 1366x768?

What does the HiDPI mode look like? is it big and un-natural or does it just look slightly larger than the standard screen?
I've tried it on my tv but it looks weird but obviously the tv is 37" so that's expected I guess.

Maybe a photo of both resolutions would help? (not screenshot)

I've been considering upgrading my screen to the 1080p one and I have a few questions.

What does the screen look like when running 1080p? Does everything look much smaller or does it look almost the same size as the stock 1366x768?

Smaller, of course.

What does the HiDPI mode look like? is it big and un-natural or does it just look slightly larger than the standard screen?
I've tried it on my tv but it looks weird but obviously the tv is 37" so that's expected I guess.

Maybe a photo of both resolutions would help? (not screenshot)

HiDPI on a 1920x1080 is worthless: 800x450.

I realise HiDPI isn't a great figure and on the tv looks weird as hell.

Just wondered if it was usable and looked ok on a 1080 laptop screen

I realise HiDPI isn't a great figure and on the tv looks weird as hell.

Just wondered if it was usable and looked ok on a 1080 laptop screen

Assuming your TV is 1080p, the same result would be present on your 1080p laptop screen... just smaller "real world size" (eg. 15" diagonal vs. ~50" diagonal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back