i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey :)

I'm planning on making my first real Hackintosh (I've made one from my old Laptop before but haven't invested much time yet). I have to wait until January but I'm already planning on the hardware.

I would use the system for working with OS X and gaming on Windows. I'm currently having a 2011 MacBook Pro and want the new system to be noticeable faster. I'm also owning a Thunderbolt Display which I am trying to sell now. I want to get an older LED Cinema Display 27" with a DisplayPort which I guess should work fine for both the Hackintosh and Windows.

My current build looks like this:
- Core i7-4790K
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H
- 16GB HyperX Fury DDR3 RAM (1866MHz)
- GTX 970 (does the OC versions work with a hackintosh?)
- TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
- PSU w/ ~700W (quiet)
- Better but quiet CPU Cooler
- Supported Bluetooth Dongle

For the storage I want to go for a 256GB Samsung 850 PRO. I also thought about 3x 120GB Samsung 840 EVO (1 for Windows, 2 in RAID0 for the performance on OSX). However, the RAID0 seems a bit complicated and my question is if it's hard to maintain? How is PCI SSD support on OSX?

I also thought about getting an Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 and an i7-5820K (with 16GB DDR4 RAM). However, as there is no native support yet what can I expect from it? I've read that "power management" is missing. What does this mean? Can I get sound and Standby to work properly and, more important, will it run stable on high load?

Im also biased about the case. I do like the look of the BitFenix Neos (white). I don't mind getting a larger case but want a quiet one. Do you have any recommendations?

Oh and a very last question: I've read somewhere that iCloud accounts stopped working after the iCloud leaks in September. Is the iMessages fix guide for addressing this issue? I do have a S/N of an iMac added to my Apple ID which I don't really own (it's part for another topic) so maybe I could use this S/N for the hackintosh?!? Is it just iMessage that's nor working or are other iCloud features also affected? :D

Thanks for your Support! :)

No problems with the App store, you can download all software updates and
buy whatever you'd like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back