i5 4690K Haswell
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello people.

I'll make a fast introduction of myself. I'm studying engineering, it's not new to install operating systems, or working in a UNIX environment. I have successfully installed Gentoo, Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat (the old one), Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 98 SE, etc. I have compiled drivers and build computers, still I'm not that cool as I have to ask things in this forum (and others).

Ok, so this is the problem, I have a Lanix (Mexican computer brand) Lap Top that I must install Mac OS X. I followed the iBoot+MultiBeast guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html.

I have the following problems with the following devices
  • Sleep Enabler: I downloaded, compiled and installed this: http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/. Doesn't works, I've read that Sleep Enabler it's version specific (first updated to 10.6.6, then installed Sleep Enabler), but it's hardware specific? I made something wrong?[/*:m:1ysbna95]
  • Power Management: When I open the Power Management panel in System Preferences I can't activate "show battery status in the menu bar", I suppose the power management driver it's not present, so... it's this one hardware specific? I found one but didn't work...[/*:m:1ysbna95]
  • Mouse (not actually a problem): While booting from the iBoot CD, the mouse can scroll with two fingers. But with the Voodoo PS/2 that comes with MultiBeast this functionality it's lost.[/*:m:1ysbna95]
  • Card Reader & FireWire: Same problem than the mouse iBoot CD detects them, after installing MultiBeast the functionality it's lost...[/*:m:1ysbna95]

I add the Linux lspci output

Thanks a lot

PD: Sorry if I don't post the actual hardware, I don't have the laptop in here...

Attachments

• lspci-lanix.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 112
Moved to the correct forum, Laptop Support.

vraiment said:
Hello people.

I'll make a fast introduction of myself. I'm studying engineering, it's not new to install operating systems, or working in a UNIX environment. I have successfully installed Gentoo, Ubuntu, Fedora, Red Hat (the old one), Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 98 SE, etc. I have compiled drivers and build computers, still I'm not that cool as I have to ask things in this forum (and others).

Ok, so this is the problem, I have a Lanix (Mexican computer brand) Lap Top that I must install Mac OS X. I followed the iBoot+MultiBeast guide: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html.

I have the following problems with the following devices
  • Sleep Enabler: I downloaded, compiled and installed this: http://code.google.com/p/xnu-sleep-enabler/. Doesn't works, I've read that Sleep Enabler it's version specific (first updated to 10.6.6, then installed Sleep Enabler), but it's hardware specific? I made something wrong?[/*:m:18nbutck]
  • Power Management: When I open the Power Management panel in System Preferences I can't activate "show battery status in the menu bar", I suppose the power management driver it's not present, so... it's this one hardware specific? I found one but didn't work...[/*:m:18nbutck]
  • Mouse (not actually a problem): While booting from the iBoot CD, the mouse can scroll with two fingers. But with the Voodoo PS/2 that comes with MultiBeast this functionality it's lost.[/*:m:18nbutck]
  • Card Reader & FireWire: Same problem than the mouse iBoot CD detects them, after installing MultiBeast the functionality it's lost...[/*:m:18nbutck]

I add the Linux lspci output

Thanks a lot

PD: Sorry if I don't post the actual hardware, I don't have the laptop in here...

Ok, let me help you out. First, the issue with the sleep enabler is a known problem. Honestly, you don't need sleep on your laptop. just make sure that you set in system preferences that you do not want the computer to go to sleep.

Next, the battery icon in the taskbar is not controlled or displayed by the power management kext. You need to download and install VoodooBattery kext. Google it and download it. Once you download it you need to install it with the kexhelperb7 program. Upon reboot you will see the battery icon on your taskbar.

The Mouse scrolling issue, iBoot uses, I believe, a kext that is not automatically selected in Multibeast. I would check what kexts get loaded when you use iboot ...simply select verbose mode when you load up with iBoot...when you tun on your computer and you see the chameleon load screen press the arrow down key quickly then select the Mac OS partition and type -v and press enter. This will let you see what kexts are being loaded by iBoot. Look to see what mouse/usb driver is being loaded and then see if that same driver is a miscellaneous choice within Multibeast.

Firewire/Card detection in iBoot - Again, load your computer with iBoot then at the chameleon screen quickly press the down arrow key and select your mac os partition and type -v and press enter. Then see what Kexts are being run on iBoot for firewire or Cards. I would also go to insanely mac.com and see what kexts usually control firewire and card and compare those kexts with the ones loaded by iBoot. Then see if Multibeast has an option to load those kexts. If not, then you can manually find those kexts and load them using kexthelperb7.

WHEW...I hope that helps.

Hildi
(lappy guru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back