Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,
I was running Onyx yesterday as my system was behaving oddly, icons when transparent in the dock and general weird stuff was going on (slow system, icons bouncing forever, etc), I have seen this on OSX before and well, I don't think it is wise to simply ignore it.

So I ran onyx to check my disc and stuff and it told me that my startup disc is broken and needs to be repaired via booting from SL disc.

Any tips on how I should go and tackle that issue on my hackintosh.

Its been running smooth almost 6 months now.

Here the Profiler just for the Info:
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.36 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

Should I reinstall OSX? Repair disc? (I have done that on a few Macs already, it has sometimes fixed the problem, sometimes just postponed it)
Anyone else encounter that issue already?

Thanks

:( None of what I say here will help you solve your problem. Some advice: Edit your profile and update your system components since your "none yet but soon!" system definition doesn't provide any useful information to forum members that may have a solution for you.

Yes please place system specs in your sig and update your info below your screen name.

As for your issues, I haven't experienced them before.
You can run disk utility and run verify and repair permissions and see if it repairs the issue. I just don't know what would cause it.

Ops forgot to add my specs.

The issue resolved it self for now.
I ran permission repair in safe mode and removed TotalFinder which I had recently installed and now Onyx says my Startup Volume is all good.

So heads up and thanks :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back