Motherboard
Asus P5QE
CPU
Intel Q9650
Graphics
MSI GT 710
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a very specific question regarding booting from a M.2 PCIe SSD on the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. This board has 3 M.2 slots. The 1st socket is labeled M2M_32G. According to the manual, if I use a PCIe SSD in this socket I lose 2 SATA ports. The second socket (labeled M2A_32G) does not appear to share bandwidth with the SATA connectors as long as I use a PCIe SSD. My question is a simple one, would I encounter any problems booting my hackintosh from the M2A_32G socket using a PCIe SSD. I have need for all the SATA ports and cannot afford to lose two of them.

I have a very specific question regarding booting from a M.2 PCIe SSD on the Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7. This board has 3 M.2 slots. The 1st socket is labeled M2M_32G. According to the manual, if I use a PCIe SSD in this socket I lose 2 SATA ports. The second socket (labeled M2A_32G) does not appear to share bandwidth with the SATA connectors as long as I use a PCIe SSD. My question is a simple one, would I encounter any problems booting my hackintosh from the M2A_32G socket using a PCIe SSD. I have need for all the SATA ports and cannot afford to lose two of them.

Take a look at this Build. He talks about which m.2 slot to use:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-8700k-rx-580-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/

I use the 2nd and 3rd slots for M.2 drives currently. The 1st M.2 does share the SATA lanes, check page 73 (I think) in the z370 manual. I have no issues running 1TB 970EVOs in the 2nd and 3rd slots. My boot drive is the 2nd, and use the 3rd slot for a drive for FCPX scratch.

Put it in the middle slot ( M2A_32G ) so you don't loose any Sata Ports. I have the Samsung EVO 960 in there too and boot from it without any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back