1. Apple
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed 10.6.3. in my HP 8710w laptop. Once it's done and I reboot everything works great. Graphics are running with QE, audio and lan works fine too. When I run multibeast, and use the easy settings, it breaks the lan and audio. Do I need multibeast at all, or can I just install the boot loader separately?

You have to install the network and audio kexts.

From the MultiBeast PDF:
"EasyBeast is a DSDT-free solution for Core, Core 2 or Core i systems. It installs all of the essentials to allow your system to boot from the hard drive. Does not include any Network or Sound drivers or Graphics support besides GraphicsEnabler. Includes the latest verison of Chimera, FakeSMC, EvOreboot, JMicron36xATA, JMicron36xSATA, LegacyAppleRTC, NullCPUPowerManagement, USB Rollback, tonymacx86 Remixed theme. 32-Bit com.apple.boot.plist, and MacPro3,1 smbios.plist. Install with System Utilities tasks."

EasyBeast installs a lot of kexts to make most older or unknown hardware going. You only need install what you need...I would suggest using one of the kext utilities you can download in MultiBeast such as KextHelper or KextUtility.

You can manually delete any kexts that you don't need. Make sure you run System Utilities after removing or adding any kexts.

When you install the Bootloader and are not using iBoot or iBoot Legacy you might find that things like graphics, sound and LAN aren't working. This will require you to add kexts using one of the utilities that are part of iBoot.

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back