Contribute
Register

[Question] Can I migrate existing MacOS installation to Hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z270P-D3
CPU
i5-7700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've currently got a working 10.13 Hackintosh setup, but I'd like to access the SSD from my official Apple machine.
Is it possible to install Clover directly to that SSD & get it working with my setup?

I've currently got a working 10.13 Hackintosh setup, but I'd like to access the SSD from my official Apple machine.
Is it possible to install Clover directly to that SSD & get it working with my setup?

It's not clear what you are asking. Do you want to install Clover to the SSD of your "Real" Mac or just connect your hackintosh SSD to your official Apple machine ?

Installing Clover to the SSD of a real Mac is a bad idea and will likely cause problems. I wouldn't do that.

It's not clear what you are asking. Do you want to install Clover to the SSD of your "Real" Mac or just connect your hackintosh SSD to your official Apple machine ?

Installing Clover to the SSD of a real Mac is a bad idea and will likely cause problems. I wouldn't do that.

My apologies, I hadn't noticed my clunky wording. Yes, I want to install Clover to the SSD of the real Mac, as it won't be going back in to that machine (it's an uneconomical repair). Ideally, it'd replace the existing boot drive of the Hackintosh.
However, if it needs a fresh install, I'd probably just access the data on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back