Contribute
Register

[Question] Can I install Mac OS X 10.7 on a Dell Vostro 460?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270P-D3
CPU
Core i7-7700K
Graphics
Intel HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
  4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
My questions are actually three:

1. Can I install the Mac OS X 10.7?
2. How and what is the best way to install it? (I do have a Mac Mini and a Macbook Air.)
3. How well will the Mac works on Dell Vostro 460?

Now here are some additional information about the machine I plan on installing the Max OS X on:

Motherboard: Dell 0Y2MRG (Intel H67)
Central Processor: i7-2600
Memory: 4GB Golden Empire DDR3 850MHz (PC3-13600) * 4
Graphic Card: Radeon HD 5450

You are welcome to ask more question if the information I provided is not complete. Thank you.

Most likely, but I'm not sure how well 5450s work with lion. I know 4ks have netkas' fix and 6ks work oob mostly, but I haven't tried to mess with those, try doing a search on the forum and it could give you some answers. but generally it should work. the key is finding which kexts work bests with your setup and the best way to do that is research, or trial and error.

realfolkblues said:
Most likely, but I'm not sure how well 5450s work with lion. I know 4ks have netkas' fix and 6ks work oob mostly, but I haven't tried to mess with those, try doing a search on the forum and it could give you some answers. but generally it should work. the key is finding which kexts work bests with your setup and the best way to do that is research, or trial and error.

I see. I think I should use the iBoot + MultiBeast to install mac on this machine, however I don't see Dell's motherboards in the DSDT. Will that be an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back