CPU
Core i7-3970X
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4Gb
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone run all the latest updates for OSx (after installing 10.6.2 combo). Are most of these updates safe for Hackintosh systems?

Are there issues with running the iLife updates, FCP Studio updates, Safari, or any security updates? I have a pretty big list of updates popping up from the Software updater.

Thanks.

there are no updates left in my Software Update list and my system is still running. should be no problem to do all those update!

dvdflashbacks said:
Has anyone run all the latest updates for OSx (after installing 10.6.2 combo). Are most of these updates safe for Hackintosh systems?

Perfectly safe. The only ones that may cause issues are Graphics Updates, Point Updates such as 10.6.3, and the rare Update that issues a new kernel. I can only think of one time since 10.4 that something other than a Point Update broke key things for Hackintoshes- I think it was a Time Machine/Airport update early on in Leopard that issued a new kernel.

However, now that we have the Vanilla kernel on P55, nothing should be a problem. When 10.6.3 comes out, I'll write up a blog post and update any issues for P55ers. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back