Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Precision T3500 Workstation - Mobo: XPDFK
CPU
Xeon W3530 2.80ghz Quad Core
Graphics
Nvidia Quadro 2000
Hey guys,

Not sure if this has been answered before in general, but I would like to know what should we be concerned of when updating the osx security patches + version number, etc in OSX? Is it a smooth process when using the latest clover build? Is there anything that needs to be backed up and or pre-modified in Clover/EFI drive so that the system doesn't crash once the update finishes and the OS reboots?

I am currently using the latest Sierra OSX 10.12.3. Right now the only updates available are iTunes and remote desktop client, which I am sure wouldn't be a threat.

Please advise, thanks.

I installed it and everything was fine (Remote desktop client and iTunes update).

Major updates eg. Yosemite to El Capitan require the bootloader to be reinstalled and NVIDIA graphics drivers to be reinstalled.
Minor updates eg. 10.12.1 to 10.12.3 probably require NVIDIA graphics drivers and audio/network driver reinstall.
App and services updates eg. iTunes, Remote Desktop Client do not usually require anything.
If it does not boot use your bootable usb and change your boot flags. I'd definitely suggest backing up your disk before any updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back