Contribute
Register

Question about Option 2: Clover bootloader?

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad P50
CPU
i7-6820HQ
Graphics
M2000M
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Could someone please give a more detailed instruction of below?

Option 2: Clover Bootloader (Experimental)
13. Download the standalone Clover Bootloader v5.0 r5137 or higher package installer from the official downloads section.
14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Monterey beta) as the target.
15. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and add VirtualSMC.kext

Should I install the Clover boot loader package onto the EFI partition or the "Install macOS Monterey" partition?

The instruction is quite vague in my opinion.

Thanks beforehand!

//Elias

13. Download the standalone Clover Bootloader v5.0 r5137 or higher package installer from the official downloads section.
14. Install UEFI or Legacy Clover version using the USB (Install macOS Monterey beta) as the target.

Should I install the Clover boot loader package onto the EFI partition or the "Install macOS Monterey" partition?

Thanks beforehand!

//Elias
I have moved your post to laptop support

best to read the FAQ:

also laptop guide:

Thanks beforehand!

//Elias
We are using Open Core now

Although almost every succeeded talks only OpenCore, I am still curious if anyone succeed with Clover.
According to this instruction, Clover version needs r5141+, but OP referred instruction needs r5137. Both come from Desktop Section, what's the min. version for Monterey installation on laptop?

@elifroejd: have you succeed with Clover? for your 2nd question: sure the bootloader is to be installed in the EFI, but you don't need to care, because the bootloader pkg will install there for you as default.

Back