Motherboard
GA-P55-UD3L rev 2.3, socket LGA 1156, 16 GB DDR3
CPU
Intel Core I7 860 @t 2.93 MgHz
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 GV-N75TOC-2GI
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I want to ask if I move on High Sierra would I be able to read and write my other Hard Drives formated on Sierra as Mac OS Journaled. When I tested the High Sierra on ver. 10.3.1 it was not possible to see the volumes and reach the files. Is this on 10.13.3 possible now ? Because when I move I don't know how to transfer the information from Sierra to High Sierra.

Can a volume be converted the new format of High Sierra without erasing the files?

10x in ADVANCE !

No one can post a single answer???

Hello, I want to ask if I move on High Sierra would I be able to read and write my other Hard Drives formated on Sierra as Mac OS Journaled.
Yes
When I tested the High Sierra on ver. 10.3.1 it was not possible to see the volumes and reach the files. Is this on 10.13.3 possible now ?
Certain SATA controllers have issues with AppleAHCIPort v329 (eg ICH10, 5 series, 7 series, ASMedia 1061)
Disks may fail to initialize, not readable or hot plug may fail.
No one can post a single answer???
Please read the rules!
The Rules said:
Bumping a thread is allowed after waiting at least 24 hours with no more than one bump per day.

Thanks for the answer !

How I see that kext is the problem for this kind of older chipsets. The point is I see the the other name of the Disks but the volumes are not initialised. I see only the volumes of the main hard drive when I have 2 volumes 1 for Sierra and second non system. I can install high Sierra only there, but seems Disk utility recognize these volumes as 2 different hard drives not as 2 volumes on one hard drive....

Probably apple wants to limit the compability....and make older drives/chipsets not usefull..... How I see in my case I will need that achi fix kext on my usb high Sierra install usb stick.

And sorry, for the rules breaking, didn't know. Next time I will know !

Cheers !

How I see in my case I will need that achi fix kext on my usb high Sierra install usb stick.
The AHCIPort.kext v328 will not work on your USB installer, it needs to be installed in /Library/Extensions using a kext installer.
You need to add the patches to your config.plist on the EFI partition of your USB installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back