Contribute
Register

Question about OC'ing and my HAckintosh freezing after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N Wifi
CPU
I5 4670k
Graphics
nVidia 760 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there, I just have a quick question regarding over clocking in general.

A couple weeks ago I installed 10.8.5 on my z87n motherboard but I did so under the stock clock at 3.4ghz. When I installed windows I tweaked the voltage settings and after some trial and error *and help from a forum member* I was able to get to 4.2ghz stable and ran Aida64 for 3 hrs with no issues and great temps.

When I tried to boot back into OS/x the system would hang on the white apple logo. It will boot into safe mode but thats it. Is there anyway I can fix this? when i reverted back to the stock voltages and speed OS/x would boot normal.

Can I change definitions in safe mode using multibeast? My friend seems to think 4.2ghz is an odd # that possibly isn't supported on any mac platform and thats why i'm having issues. Honestly I don't know what could be the problem. If it's stable in Windows it should be stable in Mac OS/x.

Thanks

Sorry I'm not being any helpful for this topic but I'm been looking into building a same setup as yours. I'm just wondering if you have solved the ethernet issue and this OC issue.

Sorry for not replying, I haven't resolved the OC Issue and I'm still having Ethernet issues. No matter what I try to do it's not working. I don't know if its because I'm dual booting or what.

Is it kernel panicking (screen goes grey and text comes down) or just freezing? If its a kernel panic then you should disable C states checks by chimera. Alternatively I updated to the newest version of the boot loader and they seem to have removed the check/it doesn't cause any more issues with my 4.4GHz i5-4670K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back