Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am looking to replace my 5770. Looking at gt 640 I would really like the 560ti But dont really want to spend that much. Main use would be HD youtube and basic computer use. Would i be well served with the 640. Or would i be better off going with the 560 ti.

Thanks
Rob

I am looking to replace my 5770. Looking at gt 640 I would really like the 560ti But dont really want to spend that much. Main use would be HD youtube and basic computer use. Would i be well served with the 640. Or would i be better off going with the 560 ti.

Thanks
Rob

For youTube and basic computer use what you have is fine. The 640 sucks as a gaming card, so if you want to game, then the 560ti will be much better than either the 640 or the 5770

My 5770 Is on its way out. After month working in my hackintosh it refuses to work anymore constant crashes. It has also been giving me fits in windows as well. It is over 3 years old. So that is my reasoning for changing cards. I would go for a the 550ti. But there are a lot of problems with those cards in Mountain lion right now.

My 5770 Is on its way out. After month working in my hackintosh it refuses to work anymore constant crashes. It has also been giving me fits in windows as well. It is over 3 years old. So that is my reasoning for changing cards. I would go for a the 550ti. But there are a lot of problems with those cards in Mountain lion right now.

A 560 (non-Ti) isn't that much less powerful and isn't much more expensive.

Im not sure if the 560 is mountain lion compatible. I know the ti is. But i have not seen much info on it.

Im not sure if the 560 is mountain lion compatible. I know the ti is. But i have not seen much info on it.

Look, the Ti is basically a higher clocked 560, with a hair more graphics cores. There are no significant hardware differences, it's the same chip the GF114. The differences are nothing that would affect compatibility. You are more likely to run into problems with a non-reference Ti than with a reference 560.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back